[IRCA] New TIS Station

Good Midday!

	I discovered this morning that Des Moines, Iowa - not New Mexico or
Washington - has a TIS station on 1670. The call is WQVG-575. The paper
indicates it is sponsored by the Department of Transportation and the
Highway Patrol. Announcements of closures, slowdown, whatever are made
through a cycle. Then there is a little music bridge followed by promotional
announcements about Iowa and a few of our attractions here. These are also
separated by a little music bridge. The "announcer" announces "And now back
to the traffic reports" and so it repeats. Probably won't grab the ratings!

	I think this is the first TIS in Des Moines.

	Our freeway is in the worst phases of reconstruction! This station
can't hurt! Besides the recording it also announces that emergency items
will be broadcast immediately.

	Just for avid chasers of AM signals. I don't know any particulars.
It is audible a couple of miles from the freeway in NW Des Moines.

	The suburb of Urbandale has a station on 1210 located in their fire
station, if memory is correct. Much of the time it repeats the local NOAA
station, WXL-57.

	Saylorville Dam just north of the city, a.k.a., Saylorville Lake
also has a station on 1610 that has been there for 15 + years.

	The new installation seems to have better coverage than the other
two.

	Why, my Dymeck-McKay AM-5 doesn't have the X-band on it!

	Have a good day.

Doc.