Re: [IRCA] Why? It's easy.

> Imagine what it would be like if every station on your shortwave radio could
> be received with perfect clarity. All the programming was something you
> wanted to hear. You can hear it anywhere you ever go. Welcome to XM.

Karl, for the first time in at least 10 years, I have found a radio I *WANT*
to listen to. It is XM. Its fun. The 60s channel on Friday afternoons with
its top 40 shows from around the country are excellent. There are 200
channels with something for everyone. You would almost have to pry it out of
my cold dead hands to get it away from me.

> I pay
> $8 and change a month, not $20.

You must have paid multi year. I paid for a year at $9.95 a month.

> I can hear my beloved World Champion Red Sox
> like they were a local team.

I listen to Joe Castiglione here in AZ every game. I sure missed the Sox
when I left RI. I don't miss them any more.

> XM has a lot of really wonderful exclusive
> programming, too. You've obviously have never tried it. It's a new world.

If I were the owner of a terrestrial radio station, I would be scared to
death or I would be doing something about getting some local programming and
some good music on the air. Once I did that, and **IF** any IBAC radios ever
get sold, I would go digital. I would be terrified of XM and Sirius.

> This isn't a letter of disagreement. I'm anxious for you to try the new
> world of radio.

The world has changed and XM / Sirius and internet radio is incredible. At
this time, I **ONLY** listen to terrestrial radio for DX. You can hear what
you want, exactly what you want, and exactly when you want. Life is good and
getting better for the radio listener who will go where the real programming
is.

Terrestrial radio is not dead, but its never going to be the same.

Kevin