[IRCA] Re: Tip for Western US listeners...

[IRCA] Re: Tip for Western US listeners...

They made no mention when I spoke with them.  Until recently, KTRB was simulcasting their FM affiliate from Fresno.  They are now doing their own thing...severing ties in a way.  I really don't know what would be required for them to move to San Francisco, outside of a office with a small staff.  Nothing that I hear on the station is originated locally...but I don't listen constantly.  If its a feed, I would think all you need is a presence in the city you are licensed to.

Speaking of this, I remember "way back when" stations actually serving the needs of their audience.  Now, so little is generated locally that it seems like most of the stations are not even really needed.  Maybe thats just me, but I like hearing the guy reading the promo for the barn dance, and the only reason they picked him to read it was because he didn't stumble on two-syllable words.  I will climb off my hastily-assembled soapbox now...

Mike Hawkins

N0UIHEric@xxxxxxx wrote:
Just curious...are they readying the station for the move to San Francisco?

73, Eric (N0UIH)

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page