[IRCA] Question about TOTAL RECORDER

I have just got done having a major argument with my WinBlows 98 computer about whether Cakewalk Pyro should exist on it or not.  It thinks not.  I want something to do audio capture and editing and managed to throw the email from earlier this week about TOTAL RECORDER into the poo-kah pit.

Could someone who is knowledgable about this package please let me know whether it is robust under Windows 98 AND XP, and whether it is dependent on specific versions of DirectX (which is the crux of my problem right now).  Good advice gladly accepted...my computer takes care of heckling and Bronx cheers just fine.  AARGH!

Mike Hawkins

Do you Yahoo!?