[IRCA] WNTP Audio Proof

Final arrangements have been made for me to conduct an audio proof of performance on WNTP 990 tonight.  This is the test that had been rescheduled from last Friday night because I had the flu.

Test will include various tones (50, 100, 200, 400, 1K, 2K, 4K, 6K, 8K, 10K) to measure frequency response and distortion.  Tones will be transmitted at 95%, 75%,50% and 25% modulation using the station's main transmitter at 50KW and Daytime Antenna.  It will then be repeated using the main transmitter at 10KW and Nighttime Antenna.  There will also be periods of silence while I check noise and due some tuning on the transmitter and phasor.

Les Rayburn sent me a recording of a female voice with an English accent to announce the station and I will be using this periodically.  The ID says, "This is WNTP performing transmitter testing.  WNTP.  Whiskey-Norway-Tango-Papa testing."

If you missed the WNTP Test in December or were unable to receive it because of the auroral conditions that night, this will be anther change to catch it.  The test will commence at 0501 UTC (0001 EST) and continue until completed, or 0700 UTC (0200 EST) which ever comes first.

I want to remind you that this is NOT a DX test, but equipment performance measurements and adjustments.  So there will be no unusual warbler tones or the like to help single out the station.  But, hopefully, the test tones will help, especially those in the 2-6K range.

René F. Tetro,
Chief Engineer
WNTP/WFIL
117 Ridge Pike