[IRCA] Re: [NRC-AM] Goodbye 1190, 1210: WOAI IBAC

On 28 Feb 2005 at 18:48, Stephen Ponder wrote:

> I guess it's old news by now, but for the past
> three nights I've been checking the adjacent
> channels for anything unusual ...
>
> Sat 26 Feb - 1180/1190/1210/1220 had the usual
> jumble of stations ... nothing unusual heard
>
> Sun 27 Feb - same condx
>
> Mon 28 Feb - same condx
>
> Hopefully, they will not continue with IBAC.

Considering that's Clear Channel's flagship station
in their headquarters city, and that CC is moving
all their major markets and many minor ones to
IBOC/IBAC as fast as they can, I'd say the chances
of WOAI turning it off are somewhere between slim
and none ... and slim just left town. Sorry, but those
channels are buzzed - as most will be within one to
two years. :-(  Maybe it's time to start thinking
about DX'ing IBOC/IBAC. The behavior of the RF
remains the same, the difference is demodulation.

Phil Alexander, CSRE
Indianapolis