[IRCA] WNTP Test

Good evening, all.

I wanted to let give a heads up to those of you who were unable to
receive the WNTP DX Test back in December that you have another
opportunity this Friday night to log the station.

Between 12AM and 2AM, Friday night-Saturday morning, on March 5, I have
to conduct an audio proof on WNTP because of some changes I've made to
the transmitter system.

This WILL NOT be a DX Test, so you won't be hearing a lot of tone
sweeps, warbles, morse IDs, etc.  What you will hear is a lot of
consistent 50HZ through 10KHZ tones, some voice ID's, and dead air,
while I measure frequency response, noise, and THD and IM distortion of
the main transmitter at full power on day antenna system.  This means
that during the test I will be operating at 50KW on day pattern.  If
time permits, I will also repeat the tests on our standard 10KW night
pattern.

As always, I will QSL any reception reports I get.  Speaking of which, I
finally sent out the remaining WFIL and WNTP QSLs this afternoon from
our last tests.  Thanks for your patience.  Sorry it's taken so long to
get them out, but we've been under a lot of pressure with some major
projects in the past month.  If you don't receive yours within the next
week please let me know.

Also, because of the intensive nature of the work I need to do Friday
night, I will probably be less available during the tests on the NRC and
IRCA lists, and the #MWDX channel, than I have in the past, although I
will try to check in from time to time.

Once again, this coming Friday night is NOT a DX test, but an equipment
performance test, so you will lack some of the advantages that a DX Test
provides.  But hopefully you will be able to pick up the test tones,
especially those in the 2KHZ-4KHZ range, which tend to pierce through
the noise.  Tones will be transmitted at four modulation levels:  95%,
75%, 50%, and 25%.  Hopefully the DX conditions will be less auroral
than they were in the December test.

73,
Rene'

Rene' F. Tetro,