-------Original Message-------

From: Robert Foxworth

[snip]
Perhaps an etymological explanation of the term
"graveyard" itself. My understanding of this term is that
it is an allusion to the way the stations are packed in
together geographically, across the breadth of the
country, just as headstones are arranged close together
in a cemetery.. (Visualize a station location map with
all the sites shown on it with high and relatively
uniform density).
[snip]

- Bob