[IRCA] Re: Cardinals Going to XM Radio?

Eric,

Ahem???
>Terry,
>This is 2005...and American broadcasting is becoming more and more like
>Soviet broadcasting, but with a corporate bent. I do think before I
>speak...therefore, you are insulting my intelligence.

<<< When I rejoined IRCA and NASWA I said very plainly that I was out of
touch with radio since 1983. That means I was not knowledgeable of all the
changes. I mention 50KW Clear Channels, and you try to power jump down my
thoat with a tirade against Clear Channel that I did not understand. That
idoicy I expect from Radio Tirana, Albania!>>>

>Back in 1982, the radio business had far more owners, and was still fairly
>pro-local. They had real vision for the business. In 2005, radio has become
>anti-local (right down to corporate radio's disdain for "homegrown" talent,
>or air
>talent born, raised and/or trained for the broadcast business in their
>hometown, and should be working exclusively in their hometowns), and have
>NO VISION
>for the radio business.

<<<THis is what you SHOULD have done long ago! An explination of what Clear
channel is to you, and why you are so up in arms against it! That is why I
said you do not think before you speak! You run off at the mouth in anger
about clear channel comm., and I have no idea why you trash 50KW clear
channels like KMOX? You did not EXPLAIN!>>>

>I went into the radio field 20 years ago to give back to the St. Louis
>community for what it gave me...a chance to become a more productive
>citizen. I
>worked at some of the smaller stations in St. Louis and Atlanta; I didn't
>get my
>first commercial job until 1996. When the last commercial station I worked
>at
>was sold off by local owners in 1999, that put an end to the commercial
>phase
>of my career. I'm lucky I still work in public radio; I never had a chance
>work in corporate radio. Now, when I look at the atrocities that corporate
>radio is getting away with, as well as the excessive practice of patronage
>and
>cronyism, in which the friends, acquaintances and even relatives of station
>management get in while more qualified personnel who have worked hard for
>years (or
>even decades) to earn their place in commercial broadcasting are unjustly
>left out.

<<<I remember the college station starting up, and their small coverage
area. It IS a start! My interest in radio is purely DX. When I relax it is
with a long time Classical music station or KMOX for Cardnials baseball.
Being a high functional autistic most of the noise that passes for music
nowdats grates me the wrong way! I cannot listen to it for very long! Just
enough for a reception report! I still do much more SW DX than BCB DX.>>>

>Don't refer to the 50 kW stations as "clear channel" stations...Lowry Mays
>can sue you, and clean you out.

<<< GET REAL!!!Nobody is going to sue a disabled person for speaking of
"clear channel radio stations in old context that will give grounds for a
lawsuit. Especially on a small time mailing list like this. See, you spoke
without thinking once again. Maybe Ridilin will get you to calm down??? You
were always too animated.>>>
>73, Eric (N0UIH)

<<<I have fond memories playing in a radio station when I was young on
weekends. I would run for food for the personnel, and they let me listen to
records. Gave me records too of things they were not going to use. That was
when WEW 770 left Saint Louis University, and moved to 2343 Hampton Ave. I
lived across the alley from them.

I remember when the world was slower and simplier. More than you can. I
heard high powered mexicans and 50KW Clears easily just about every night at
home in the 1950s. It is SAD that so much programming is automated, and
heard over many stations at the same time. That is why I do not listen. KFUO
and KMOX are about all I listen to locally.>>>

73s
Terry Klasek, who does not live at home with parents!