[IRCA] Re: Vacation portable

At 10:07 AM 2/6/2005, you wrote:
>Although over $100, the Sony ICF-7600GR, or a used
>ICF-7600G would be my choice. The ICF-7600Gs are going
>for pretty decent prices on Ebay these days. While the
>Grundig S-350 appears to have gained a following,
>there sure seems to be a lot of them listed as
>non-working on Ebay. I wonder if some QC issues are
>involved. I seem to recall references of a significant
>number of QC issues surrounding the Grundig SAT 800
>radios when they came out. The Sony travels well and
>has a decent size vs. performance ratio. I take my
>7600G or my modified RS DX-398 with me whenever I
>travel and they have served me well. Have a safe and
>enjoyable trip!
>
>Good DX.
>
>Craig

http://www.radioscaner.ru/receivers/review/degen1103_eng.html

  Fellas, the above link is an excellent review of the Degen 1103 receiver
(available as a Buy Now on eBay) for considerably less than $100 and the
performance from a number of sources is awesome.  There's no doubt that's
the next portable I plan on acquiring!........Walt.