[IRCA] Re: [NRC-AM] Old Mystery stations

[IRCA] Re: [NRC-AM] Old Mystery stations

Bill,

| They are:
| 531 NB  This is a nav beacon.  I can not find a reference to
| it anywhere.

    Canadian Forces non-directional beacon located at (near) North Bay,
Ontario. My first log was from Modesto (CA): 26 OCT 1970, and 16 FEB 1987
from N. Versailles, PA. A station QSL (v/q) both times indicated 100 watts.
of my logs indicate 530 kHz, but with NDBs, it's occasionally difficult, at
best, to determine the correct frequency....with "NB," I cannot verify the
exact frequency, however.

    Mike