[IRCA] KFI/KSON towers

Greetings to all. I've been away from the lists for awhile. On December 10 I tore the calf muscle in my right leg (OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!) in an accident at work. I was on 100% disability for a couple of weeks and this week I'm on 50% disability (working 4 hours a day). I've been going to physical therapy which has helped a lot. On top of that on December 18 this piece of garbage computer croaked (again). We just got it going yesterday.

So much for my problems. These two towers were the most awesome towers in Southern California. I've seen both but only KFI from up close. I saw KSON when I was on vacation in San Diego a number of years ago. We took a boat tour of Coronado Bay and KSON is not far from the shoreline. I'm glad I got some good pictures of it because I suspect it will never be the same again. I've forgotten to check KURS (they diplex off KSON) to see how much weaker it is. I think KURS fudges with their power; sometime in the late 90's they admitted it to the FCC and somehow managed to talk their way out of a $20,000 fine!! They seem to get out better than they should for their licensed power. I can't get KSON very well; I have a local on 1250 with 2.5 KW pointed directly at me.

I hope you all had a Happy Holiday season and are having a Happy New Year. I'm on the mend and have the computer back so I should be lurking on the lists more often.

73
Dennis