[IRCA] advice requested

I have just started to listen to distant radio
stations on a Samsung am/fm radio that has been laying
around our home for a few years and I am very
impressed at some of the am stations that I have been
able to hear. In fact I am getting the bug to listen
to the radio rather than watch TV.
I have been on the Internet trying to find out just
what radio's are good, better and very best at a
reasonable price........now that is a challenge.
Anyways, I came across IRCA and thought perhaps
someone might take a minute or two and pass on a bit
of advice  as to what I should be doing and what I
should be listening too and listening for.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I
hope everyone has a very Happy New Year.
Pete  ( pappleyard_ca@xxxxxxxx )