[IRCA] Re: 1260 "TIS" at Swartz Bay, BC

If you want to know what is happening in local radio, ask somebody on the other side of the continent. Bill Harms was right, and Walt Salmaniw and I were wrong; there IS a TIS service on 1260 kHz at the ferry terminal at Swartz Bay (near Sidney) B.C. It may have off for some time, but it is back on, re-broadcasting Environment Canada weather for the area, presumably with voice overs of terminal announcements, though there were none at the time I listened.

Not much power, as it was being splattered slightly by 1250 from Seattle on a bottom of the line car radio.

best wishes,

Nick