[IRCA] KTNS DX Test Wrapup

Here is a brief wrap up of the KTNS 1060khz DX Test results. I've
kept this one short due to family commitments around the holidays.

Our thanks again to Mr. Larry Gamble, Owner/Operator of KTNS who
will soon be retiring. Larry has run quite a few tests for all of us over
the years, and I know that everyone in the DX community is grateful. He'll
be retiring soon and we wish him well. See his comments at the bottom of
this list:

KTNS successful receptions by:
Brian Leyton, Valley Village, CA
Patrick Martin, Seaside, OR (Whose beverage hears everything!)
John Wilke, Milwaukee, WI (See comments below!)
John Butler, Novato, CA
Martin Foltz, Mission Viejo, CA
Kevin Mesa, Arizona
Risto Kotalampi, Hayward, CA
Doug Pifer,
Mike Hawkins, Tracy, CA
Frank Aden, Boise, Idaho
Don Kaskey, San Francisco, CA
Steve Ratzlaff, Elgin, Oregon
Patrick Griffith, Westminster, CO
Tim Hall, Chula Vista, CA
Bruce Portzer,
Eric Bueneman, Hazelwood, MO

Tried for, but missed by:
John Hart, San Francisco, CA
Mike Stonebridge, St. Isidore, AB Canada
Les Rayburn, Helena, AL
Bill Harms, Elkridge, Maryland
Adam Myrow (Possible code and sweep tones, but not positive)
Steve Francis, Alcoa, TN
Rick Shaftan, New York
Eric Bueneman, Hazelwood, MO (though he did get some brief snips
of code)

I also received a "post test" report from Mr. Gamble himself, it is reprinted below:

Dear Les,
    I have received responses from at least a dozen DXers. Up to this afternoon the farthest one from Oakhurst, California was Colorado-over 800 miles. Then this afternoon, I received one from Wisconsin!!!! Wow! Now that is impressive.
Thanks for all of your excellent organization for IRCA. Keep up the good work!
Larry Gamble, Soon to be retired!

Don't we wish all broadcasters felt this way about DX tests! Again, our thanks for years of support to
Mr. Larry Gamble. Now that you're retiring, I'd like to recommend AM DXing as a great way to
pass the time. :)

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
IRCA CPC Chairman