Re: [IRCA] Radio (Part Ninety-Three)

My In-Laws live in Brookfield West and my Sister-In-Law lives in Queensbuery West (I think). Another member of the family has a guitar shop, Dreamcatcher, in downtwon Roswell. I have been travelling over there since 1986, but it all looks the same to me. I know how the Yuppie neighborhoods go...all of them live in them! Sadly, my wife and I bought a home in one of them too!

Bert,

I actually lived in Woodstock, GA for thirty-four months; my QTH was in the Willow Creek subdivision (one of those "Yuppie" neighborhoods), one block north of the Cherokee-Cobb County line. Woodstock was about 15 minutes' driving time from Woodstock, coming in either on State Road 92 from Woodstock or Shallowford Road from Cobb County. I spent the last twelve months in Marietta, one mile from the line. It was a fifteen-minute commute from my QTH to WFTD's studios, which were then on the third floor of Roswell Street Baptist Church (about a mile west of the intersection with U.S. 41). The ground conductivity was TERRIBLE down there; the ground conductivity value was either a 1 or a 2 (compared with a 15 in the St. Louis area, or even a 30 in Milwaukee and Topeka).

One example is that I could even get a tight null on WSB 750 at night. The other audible Atlanta signals in Woodstock were 590, 640 and 920. On Marietta's far north side, 1380 was audible. I heard St. Louis area stations on 550, 590, 630, 690, 770, 850, 1120, 1260, 1380, 1430 and 1600 from suburban Atlanta. It was interesting to hear 590...I caught the local on open carrier (ditto with 101.5, which it was simulcasting at the time), allowing me to pull in Wood River (then using a 250-watt ND STA).

73, Eric (N0UIH)