Re: [IRCA] KFI on low power provides an added bonus

Re: [IRCA] KFI on low power provides an added bonus

The last time I heard Alaska was in 1995.  I had KCBF/820 so loud that I was listening to them on speaker from the other room.  I listened for more than an hour.  That was the first reception report I had sent since the 70's, and because they didn't verify (or even respond), that was the last one I ever sent.  I still remember hearing the call letters the first time and almost falling out of the chair.

I have been DXing since 1968, and in the past month or so, I have heard more NSP stations have a SP that I can remember.  I even caught KTRB during a period (9pm or so) that their satellite feed was down 20db, so I could hear right through them.  That was one day after I called their engineering group to see if they had any SPs scheduled.  Maybe I should make more calls!  If only KNBR, KGO and KHTK would go off for a few hours...

Mike Hawkins
Tracy CA
still somewhere deep in the fog

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!You dawg you!!!!!!!!! I didn't even notice KSTE being
off when I checked around 11:15pm...They were probably on at that time.
Great catch Mike. Been 15 years since I've heard Alaska........don k.