[IRCA] Lack of TA's

Hi Everyone:

For the past 3 or 4 weeks TA's up here have been few and far between. Both Germany and Norway on 153, France on 162 and Iceland on 189 have all been in fairly regularly, though not with the greatest of signals. Occasionally audio is heard from 1314-Norway, though never with a great signal as in the past. Two nights ago I heard audio on 1053 from the UK, I even heard a "Talksport" ID, for the first time in months. A few carriers have also been heard, on both LW and MW.

So I've turned my attention to domestic DX with some success. I've spent a fair amount of time on 1300 where I have garnered 5 new ones: KOLY-Mobridge SD; KGLO-Mason City IA; KLER-Orofino ID; KAPL-Phoenix OR and KACI-The Dulles OR, all with full ID's at top of the hour. Early yesterday evening I caught, after many years of trying, my nearest unheard Albertan station, 1240-CBXX-Rainbow Lake AB, with an CBC-740-Edmonton ID. This is one of the many repeaters for CBX across the province, and at 40 watts it doesn't get out very far. Rainbow Lake is approximately 205 miles NW from here. This catch leaves 2 stations in the province unheard from here, and at 40 and 50 watts and at a greater distance than Rainbow Lake, I'm not holding my breath. And then this evening, shortly after local sunset I heard a full ID from 1450-KIOV-Payette ID. Which totals 7 new ones in 7 days.

Mike in St Isidore AB with AOR 7030 & 150' EWE