Re: [IRCA] Portable MW/SW Radio

Hi Bert:

I really love my 2010 for SW and have used it since around 1978 (?).
The 23' roll up antenna run out my window and vertically to a window up
above makes a huge difference.  Great radio; timeless; and it's a crying
shame SONY has discontinued it.

CC Radio+ ?  I like it but the digital readout goes and I was told by
the Crane folks that the digital doesn't stand up to hi humidity.  So
much for digital huh?  What's the point of a digtal radio if it doesn't
function properly?  Minimum of $40 for them to repair it and that's the
minimum. I'll do it once and then it's like spending bad money, in my
opinion.  I don't think it's a $200 + radio; I feel it's overated.

The GE Superadio III I have is terrific and I only WISH I cound fin an
original Superadio because I hear they were the best.

I bought the Justice twin coil antenna from Crane and it works great
with both the CC R+ and the GE III.

I own the 909 and I like it an awful lot for shortwave, am and fm but
the 2010 is better, imo, for sw.

Recently got a Satellit 800.  Great radio but I can't help but feel mine
needs a nice outdoor wire to step it up a few notches.

73 de DX de NY,  Ray