Re: [IRCA] Barrow, Alaska... good DX site?

Patrick Martin wrote:

> John Adams went to Churchill MB years back and said he could not hear
> anything other than the 250w local at night. So it might not be too good
> for DX.
>
> Patrick Martin
> Seaside  OR
> KAVT Reception Manager

-------------I dxed from Iceland in 1955-56.  Keflavik AFB was just below the Arctic Circle.  DX was excellent from October when I first listened through December.  Shortly after the first of
the year conditions deteriorated badly.  Assume I was in the auroral doughnut by then.  I gave up on AM and went over to the Ham bands.  Unfortunately I did not go back to AM in the early
spring.

I would think the dxers in Sweden, Norway & Finland should be able to give us a better current handle on this situation.  But I dunno if good dx would be worth spending any length of time (at
least the winter) in Northernmost Alaska.  Brrrrrrrrr!

don