Re: [IRCA] KVTA-1520 way off frequency

> 1520 KVTA Port Hueneme, CA was about 30 Hz low a week ago,
> but now they have moved down to 1519.744v kHz, about 256 Hz low.
>
> Albert Lehr - Livermore, CA

I have been medium-wave dxing since 1971 and
broadcast engineering standards have sure
fallen a long way.
In the 'old days' when you heard a poorly
modulated signal so full of distortion and
hum that you were sure it was from Cuba.
Now it could be any American radio station
on the dial. What happened to all the FCC
mobile engineers? Government cutbacks?

Colin Newell
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Kenwood R2000 - RS DX150B