RE: [IRCA] UNITED HOCKEY LEAGUE ON RADIO

Title: UNITED HOCKEY LEAGUE ON RADIO
KCKN has a weird format mix: They're basically all-comedy, except when they're broadcasting the Outlaws and the T-Bones, Kansas City's minor league baseball team. (Or *other* minor league team, if you don't consider the Royals to be major league anymore.) KCKN tried an all-sports format, which is how they wound up with the T-Bones. I wasn't surprised when they kept the T-Bones after the switch because I assumed it was a contract-driven decision, but I was surprised when they courted another team, the Outlaws. Maybe there's a big overlap in the sports and comedy demographics.

From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Art Blair
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 11:50 AM
To: IRCA
Subject: [IRCA] UNITED HOCKEY LEAGUE ON RADIO

UNITED HOCKEY LEAGUE ON RADIO

Adirondack Frostbite – 99.1 WCKM Lake George, NY

Danbury Trashers – Internet Only

Elmira Jackals – 104.9 WNGZ Montour Falls, NY

Flint Generals – 1470 WFNT Flint, MI

Fort Wayne Komets – 1190 WOWO Fort Wayne, IN

Kalamazoo Wings – 95.9 WLKM Three Rivers, MI

Kansas City Outlaws – 1340 KCKN Kansas City, KS

Missouri River Otters – 1380 KSLG St. Louis, MO

Motor City Mechanics – 1310 WXDX Dearborn, MI

Muskegon Fury – 97.5 WEFG White Hall, MI

Port Huron Beacons – 1450 WHLS Port Huron, MI

Quad City Mallards – 1230 WFXN Moline, IL

Richmond RiverDogs – 1480 WTOX Glen Allen, VA

Rockford IceHogs – 1330 WNTA Rockford, IL

O. Howit Hertz

Folsom, CA