[IRCA] Clear Channel

Clear Channel is a huge success short-term. Radio is a business and Clear Channel excels in efficent cost-effective consolidation and mass-marketing. Long-term problems will kill them. People are switching to I-pods, Satellite and the Internet to hear new tunes with much more variety. Time condensing audio processing and heavy commercial loads make drive-time radio unlistenable. Take away all local content and the result is mass alienation. The cherry on the cake: IBOC. Let's make analog free radio technically impossible to listen to! Sirius and XM are sitting on a gold mine! The traditional radio industry could not destroy itself any better! It breaks my heart because it used to be so much fun to be in radio and enjoy it as a listener. When was the last time you heard the name of a song mentioned? In New York City, you can hear songs for years and not know what they are. It reminds me off the old diner routine with John Belushi on SNL. You take cheeseburger and a Pepsi because that's all we offer. Don't like it? Next in line please! I vote for satellite radio to compete directly with traditional radio with local content. The NAB and Clear Channel have destroyed our fun. If we take our ears elsewhere, the worth of their billion dollar business will evaporate. Thanks for listening to my rant. I mourn the loss of my favorite medium every day. Remember when you used to want to listen to the radio? When you looked forward to listening to the radio? Karl Zuk N2KZ