Re: [IRCA] DU/TP DX LOG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Martin" <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <mwoz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:14 AM
Subject: [IRCA] DU/TP DX LOG

 > 882    UNID, loud carrier off freq here causing quite a noise. I know
> DWIZ was off freq for years, noted 10+ years ago, but this seemed to
> strong, especially with no filipinos coming in. Noted all morning 9/21
> (PM-OR)

Patrick,
I've noted this carrier too on various frequencies between 882.4 and
883.2 kHz going back to 1995.  It is present only when Korean stations
are audible, but I haven't heard any audio from this one.  I suspect that
this is Wonsan, North Korea with very low modulation, possibly still
using the same wandering transmitter they had in the 70's.

Albert Lehr - Livermore, CA