[IRCA] Antenna thoughts?

Hi Everyone,

Well my Northern beverage is no more. At least for the time being. I had
it 2500 feet in the 90s, then down to 900 when they opened up a road and
then in the past 4 years to 400+  feet when another road was put in.
Last week all of the under brush and old trees were cleared out along
with my antenna. They are going to put in a new wooden fence to keep the
cattle in. I went and looked at my options and I came up with a few.
Once they get the wooden fence in I can ask if they mind if I hook my
beverage on to the fence. If I keep it low to the ground (a foot or
two), I can then hide it somewhat and they may not mind that. I fiqure
since the fence is going to be the length of the field, in theory, I
could put it back to 2,000 feet, but that close to the ground would make
it too directional I would think. Plus when I had 2500 feet 5 feet above
the ground, it did great on Whitehorse Yukon stations, but it was too
directional for anything else including TAs or Alaskans outside the
Panhandle. When it was shortened to 900 feet I even got TAs on it. If
they don't want the antenna connected to the fence, I can bury it just
below the surface of the ground, however it may be under water in places
in the Winter, or I can cross the dirt road with another 25 feet of coax
(I already have 180 feet), and run the antenna in the brambles on the
far side to about 400 feet again. There is really another possibility
too. There are a few trees left that were not cut down and I could run
one 15 feet above the ground, but the spacing of the trees sits at 100
feet inbetween them I would guess. I think running the antenna along the
bottom of the fence with a staple from post to post sounds like the best
way, or maybe the BOG above the ground might be possible and then by the
gate(s) bury the wire there. Any thoughts?  Thanks.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR