[IRCA] Need Help: Connecting older radios to co-ax fed antennas

[IRCA] Need Help: Connecting older radios to co-ax fed antennas

I own several AM-shortwave receivers.  Some have co-ax connections, some don't.  I also have three antennas -- one random length longwire and two co-ax fed -- one DX Sloper and the other a center-fed dipole with traps.

I have found web ads for several balun connector/adaptors that allow one to connect a wire antenna to a radio that has a co-ax connector.

Does anyone know if there is a balun that is "reverse engineered" (pun) that will allow me to connect co-ax fed antennas to a radio that has only a wire post connection for the antenna input?

In a similar frame of mind, are baluns "directional" in the way they allow the antenna-received signal to move?  In other words, if they are not directional, could I simply reverse the ends of one of the above baluns and connect the feed from my co-ax antenna to the (normal) "out" side of the balun, and connect the signal and ground connections of the (normal) "in" side.

Thanks for the help.

MDCalvert
Oak Ridge, TN