Re: [HCDX] [dxld] AIR to turn digital for world audience

Boy, have they been snowed by the DRMists. AIR can`t even put a reliable analog
signal out to 20 megameters, e.g. North America, and doesn`t even try as far as
official target areas where the Western Hemisphere is not on their map. So how
are they going to make it ``crystal-clear`` with DRM? Not without relay
stations, they won`t, and they have never in history even attempted to use SW
relays abroad, unlike countless other international broadcasters who in effect
now have a worldwide network at their disposal and may use close one-hop
transmitter sites from the targets if they wish to. Furthermore, altho there is
a hybrid DRM/analog mode available for SW use, no one is using it. It`s one or
the other, and there must be a reason for that (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

Source:http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=4d76fbf2-5c7c-43c0-84d3-251a152d0787&MatchID1=4467&TeamID1=2&TeamID2=4&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1110&PrimaryID=4467&Headline=AIR+to+turn+digital+for+world+audience

____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.