[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 11-12

** ALBANIA. R. Tirana was not making it past my neighbor`s TVI hash, May 11 at
1300 on 13750, but at 2015 on 13720, F-G signal and quite listenable,
concluding at 2026-2028 with part of the Eurovision Song Contest entry, ``Hear
My Plea`` yet again. When is that contest, anyway? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** BULGARIA. R. Bulgaria plays some wonderful folk music; such as UT Sat May 12
at 0520 on 11600. At first I had no idea what kind of music it was, but German
announcement, and off abruptly at 0630* Only RB is scheduled on 11600 in German
at 0500-0530, and on a 306 degree beam which is just as much for NAm as for
Germany (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHAD. I keep checking for the extremely distorted RNT transmission. May 12
at 0510 it was right on 7310 with Flevo, instead of to one side or the other
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. After making sure that WOR 1358 was airing properly on WWCR
15825 (tho with rather too much distortion as usual, but much less on SW than
their webcasts), UT Friday May 11 at 2030, I checked the RNZI live stream on WM
at 2038 for Mailbox, which is scheduled this week, ``on now``, at 2035-2100.
NO! Some other show about wildlife, visiting an island with seals and rats, so
it`s not RNZI Talk either. The program grid still shows Fri 2035 as running
Mailbox, but the page about Mailbox does not mention this repeat after the
Monday airings. Would it be too much to ask for the posted schedules to mesh
with each other and what is actually on the air? Interrupted ``Spectrum`` at
2049 for frequency change announcement! 2051 came back with weather for Niue,
etc., music fill. And Bell Bird. Of what relevance are frequency changes on the
webstream? And why don`t they arrange their programming so it is not
interrupted by frequency changes, or vice versa? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. May 11 around 2000 UT, I did an FM bandscan on the DX-398 portable
in the yard, only with whip, and found the following stations, mostly OKC, some
Enid, with RDS. / is meant to separate fields, but not all may be in exactly
the right place, as I scribbled hurriedly:

 91.7: PUBLIC / RADIO / 91 7 / KOSU / OKLAHOMA / PUBLIC / RADIO / NPR-NEWS / 91
7 (I`ll have to check at some other time when they are playing classical music
to see if playlist info appear then)
 92.5: KOMA / 92.5 FM / [artist, song, 2-digit year]
 94.7: OKC`s / NEW ROCK / 94.7 THE / BUZZ / [artist, song]
 95.7: KXLS-FM
 96.1: 96.1 / KXY / [artist, song]
 96.9: RDS on but no readout
 98.9: KISS / 98.9 FM
 99.7: KNID-FM
100.5: 100.5 / THE KATT / HD / [artist, song]
101.9: TODAY`S / NEW COUNTRY / THE / TWISTER
102.7: ON / KJ 103 / HD / [artist, song]
103.1: KOFM
104.1: KMGL / 104.1 FM / [artist, song]
107.7: KRXO / 107.7 FM / [artist, song]

A number of other strong signals were not running RDS, or maybe were not strong
enough to bring it on (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Checking 6090 with Defunct Gene Scott, Anguilla still missing,
May 12 at 0533 I was getting at least two weak signals producing a fast SAH of
maybe 20 Hz; one of them preaching in Portuguese, Portuñol or Spanish past
0600, gaining on the others. Brian Alexander had better luck, measuring R.
Bandeirantes on 6089.95 after 0600, and a couple hours after that, R. Temuco,
Chile was on 6089.87. Earlier until 2300 he put Kaduna, Nigeria on 6089.85
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265