[HCDX] African radio station launched

African radio station launched

http://www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/viewinfo.cfm?linkcategoryid=4&linkid=
9&id=4293

LONDON get ready! A brand new, vibrant African radio station will be
hitting the London airwaves, on 94.3 FM, on 23 May.
The high-profile launch, part of the Mayor of London's African week, will
include African cultural troupe performances, music and appearances
from wide range guest speakers. This event aims to wake and shake
London up to the new African flavour.
Space Clottey, Project Manager at Voice of Africa Radio, says, "Things
are buzzing at the studio of Voice of Africa Radio. All our presenters are
extremely excited and cannot wait to release the amazing things we
have in store for our listeners. Voice of Africa Radio will bring a new
and interesting dimension to the FM dial on 94.3 and we wish to invite
the business community to support by sponsoring and advertising on
the station."
An unlicensed Voice of Africa Radio was set up on 1 January 2000 on
FM to correct the exclusion and marginalisation of the African
community from electronic media. However, in April 2003, Voice of
Africa Radio decided to stop operations to seek a licence to function on
a more appropriate basis.
At the moment VOAR broadcast live on www.voiceofafricaradio.com
and Sky Digital channel 0192.
Voice of Africa Radio (VOAR) was awarded a five-year permanent FM
license on 16 February 2006, after six years of tireless campaigning.
VOAR is the first and only legally licensed African radio station in the
UK.
Voice of Africa Radio will give listeners in London a savoury choice of
African music, from zouk to kwaito to hi-life, as well as RnB and gospel.
Programmes also include debates, community affairs, sport and talk
shows.

http://zlgr.multiply.com (raidio monitoring site plus audio clips )
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/302315/ (Litohoro) 321199/Tinos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachgr    pictures upload
.
on my main : www.geocities.com/zliangas
-tty-px.html : test of various TTY programs
-ethics.htm    : greek ethics , days and institutions
-frape.htm: the greek way of cofee !!!
Zacharias Liangas , Thessaloniki Greece
greekdx @ otenet dot gr  ---
Pesawat penerima: ICOM R75 , Lowe HF150 , Degen 1102,1103,108,
Tecsun PL200/550, Chibo c300/c979, Yupi 7000
Antenna: 16m hor, 2x16 m V invert, 1m australian loop