[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 2-3

** FRANCE. Re last report of RFI on 15795: Glenn, the A07 Aoki list shows RFI
listed for 15795, 11-12 with 500 kW at 330 degrees, only on April 9-May 4 and
June 4-15. Of what importance are these broadcasts for, in relation to these
dates? I also see other frequencies listed for one or both of the above
transmission dates: 13640, 13675, 15365, and 17800; mostly from Issoudun but
one of them from GUF (Joe Hanlon, NJ, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

O yes, that`s also in HFCC on 15795, which specifies no such dates but the
entire A-07 season and at 0800-1800, as N = digital, which I overlooked because
it conflicts with the shorter broadcasts in D = non-digital I mentioned above.
Also in EiBi:

15795 0800-1800 F Radio France DIGITAL F SAm /GUF 15795

What I heard May 2 was definitely analog. Nothing heard around 1315 UT May 3 on
15795 nor DRM on 17870-17875-17880 (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Afropop music jammer, May 3 at 1314 was on 17637.0, perhaps against
something like Sawt al-Amal much weaker on 17635 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** ISRAEL. May 2 at 2035 I found Kol Israel in Hebrew inbooming on 15615,
S9+20, so looked for Galei Zahal around 15785. Nothing there, but something on
15780.0, apparently in Hebrew, M&W conversation, one on phone, brief music
bits, including Edith Piaf. This was only S9+10, and I think it must be Galei
Zahal. Since the frequency is exact, not likely to be a further drift down from
15785, but deliberate change. Nothing else listed on 15780. Online and paper
skeds have not caught up with this, and can never agree on the hours for GZ,
mainly because GZ hours are so flexible:

EiBi A-07:
15785 0400-1600 ISR Galei Zahal HB Eu
Aoki A-07:
15785 GALEI ZAHAL 0405-1755 1234567 Hebrew 5 ND Tel Aviv-Yavne ISR 03445E3152
GZ=6973
HFCC A-07:
missing from both channels
PWBR `2007`:
15785v, 24 hours, alt to 6973
WRTH 2007:
15785 0400-1530 (winter sked)
WRTH 2007 Feb update: nothing from Israel (May update should be out soon)
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN. May 3 at 0539 heard some Greek-sounding music on 12035? NF for VOG?
No, it was one of my favorite shows, La Bañera de Ulises via REE on its UT
Thursday repeat hour; unusually good reception on 25m in the nightmiddle, and
even better on // 11890 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Solar-terrestrial indices for 02 May follow. Solar flux 87 and mid-latitude
A-index 2. The mid-latitude K-index at 0600 UTC on 03 May was 0 (4 nT). No
space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours. No space weather
storms are expected for the next 24 hours (SEC via DXLD)

** U S A [and non]. KAIJ has wanted to shift from its night frequency 5755 to
day frequency 9480 at 1200 UT because it has a 3-hour program in progress [The
Power Hour at 12-15], but could not do so because BBCWS via Guiana French has
been on 9480 at 1100-1300. Now, George McClintock tells me, as of May 2, BBC
has kindly shifted to 9465 (for both hours, I assume), and KAIJ can bring up
9480 at 1200 instead of 1300, keeping TPH on the same frequency thruout.

He also reminds us of the live show weekdays at noon (1700 UT) on 9480, News &
Views; and another client, Southwest Radio Church is pleased that it is getting
more listener response via KAIJ than from other SW stations (Glenn Hauser, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. FCC A-07 shows WBCQ back on 17495 instead of 18910. Last week Scott
Becker told me they would move to 17495 at the beginning of May. I haven`t
heard WBCQ on either for many weeks. On May 2, Allan Weiner tells me they still
plan to move from 18 to 17 sometime this spring but are still on 18910.
Wednesday May 2 at 2317 during WORLD OF RADIO, absolutely nothing audible here
on either. This transmitter would be put to far better use by going down to 11
or 13 MHz band, 15 at most in daytime (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WHRB`s detailed schedule of May Orgies, notably Brahms now underway,
at a slightly corrected URL from the one anticipated:
http://www.whrb.org/pg/MayJun2007.pdf
Seems they have given up duplicating them in html
(Glenn Hauser, May 2, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com