[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 28-29

** CUBA. As if to thwart my suggestion yesterday that we should monitor 5954.1
in the unjammed hour previous to 2300, when it was carrying music instead of R.
República, on Nov 28 the DCJC had already attacked the frequency with some
pulse jamming when tuned in at 2228. Altho jamming not at full force, could not
detect musical prélude or even a carrier on 5954.1, but the weak station on
5955 was collaterally damaged; listed as BBC Singapore or Oman.

I also noticed some lite jamming on 6155 already at 2317, in anticipation of RR
switch there from 6135 at 0000, nothing like the heavy jamming on 6135, but
completely unnecessary this early on 6155. Not much there to be hurt, however,
once Austria closes at 2308, per sked in DXLD 7-142.

R. Rebelde, 5025, Nov 28 at 2323 with report on Moslem treatment of women.
There was so much background noise and music that I was almost convinced there
was co-channel QRM from Africa, until it abruptly stopped at the end of the
item (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MYANMAR [and non]. Nov 28 at 2328 I noticed on 12120 there were apparently
two stations, the stronger but weak one talking in an unID Asian language, and
the other making a het of roughly 200 Hz. Looked up later, I find that the only
thing scheduled at 23-24 on 12120 is VOA Burmese via Tinang. So is this now
being jammed? Considering recent events and Myanmar`s denunciation VOA, it
would not be at all surprising, but I don`t recall any reports that jamming was
actually being done. Further monitoring of this and other VOA/RFA Burmese
transmissions is needed. And have the extra broadcasts added after the strife
almost two months ago been maintained? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PRIDNESTROVYE. This time I was waiting for Radio PMR to begin its new North
American service in English, Nov 28 at 2257, when 6240 was on with intermittent
tones. No doubt Olle or Kai have measured their exact pitch from the
Grigoriopol site. 2300 opening as ``Here is Tiraspol... Radio PMR, of the
Pridenstrovian Moldavian Republic?`` and the program for Nov. 28. The entire
cast was about PMR`s diplomatic status and relations with Russia, Moldova,
Ukraine, Georgia, Kosovo, USA, starting with whether PMR license plates would
be valid across one of the borders. I am not sure, but I think they reserve the
name ``Moldova`` for the non-PMR part of the country on the wrong side of the
river. Closed with postal address, and radiopmr @ pobox.ru Brief IS at 2315, as
also heard at 2300, including sound of clock ticking, and directly into French.
If this English broadcast was typical, it`s at the behest of the polwonx and
will be exceedingly boring to the listener. Nothing about PMR arts or science,
nothing remotely entertaining (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TAIWAN [and non]. RTI`s ``Jade Bells & Bamboo Pipes`` show of traditional
music continues to be a winner. We had to pause our bandscanning when we came
across it Wed Nov 28 at 2235 in the broadcast to Europe on 9355 via WYFR.
However, there were no jade bells nor bamboo pipes to be heard --- just an
exotic plucked instrument. The name of it was mentioned once in the middle but
not at the end at 2255 when Carlson Wong was upwrapping it.

I assume this is also on the other RTI Wednesday broadcasts, and into UT
Thursdays? No, there was a talk feature on 5950 at 0343 check Nov 29. Does this
mean that the final broadcast of each day`s program cycle is the 2200? And the
new day starts on the 0100, if not 0200 or 0300? That throws the scheduling off
in North American target by local days.

Strangely enough, the current pdf schedule grid
http://english.rti.org.tw/english/others/PDF/ProgramSchedule.pdf
shows JB&BP starting at :30 past the hour on Weds, while the
http://english.rti.org.tw/Others/ProgramSchedule.aspx
shows it at :35 past.

This page about listening on internet,
http://english.rti.org.tw/Others/listen_internet.aspx
refers to hour 1 and hour 2, but apparently this is no longer the case, as
there is only a single hour shown in the program grids.

It also says: ``Please note that the programs may be posted on the Internet on
the day BEFORE they are broadcast. For example, the Thursday programs are
posted at 12:00 am on Thursday Taiwan Time (the very first minute of Thursday
in Taiwan), but in most parts of the world, it is still Wednesday!``

On the same page, plus the homepage, there are .wma and .rm linx to the past
week`s programs, so JB&BP should be found halfway thru the Wednesday files
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Be a better pen pal.