[HCDX] Logs from Northern Thailand

LAOS  4678  Regional Stn Xam Nua (listed), observed times 0000-0030 relay
Nat R Vientiane, 0030 own px to 0215 f/out. 0900/0930-1300; very often with
(for our ears) monotonuos a-capella singing by YL; fair level here.

6130  National Radio Vientiane observed s/on 2156 with sung anthem (pres.)
and anncts incl. frequencies, off at 2322; at 0008 on again and observed to
0430, then 0745-1530 s/off, but possibly continuous; local stn level here.
(Gerhard Werdin-THA, touring in and around Chiang May in NoThailand, wwdxc
BC-DX Nov 24)

MYANMAR  5040  Minority Sce; observed 0745-1520+ with word px and local mx,
always with a distinct hum/drone which; fair level
5770 kHz Defence Forces R; monitored transmission times are:
0130-0430, 0730-0930, 1130-1530 UT.

A typical s/on procedure as observed on 21.11 was like this:
1126 carrier tone
1129 melody on wooden xylophone-type instrument(s) for 45 sec or shorter
1130 anncts (ID ?) by mostly female voice in Burmese/local lang
1132 melody on gongs/drums acc by flute for appr 1 min
1133 anncts again
1134 march-like melody for appr. 30 sec, ending abruptly
At s/off this procedure is repeated !

Px consits of occ word px, but largely of Burmese adaptations of western pop
and country music, e.g. ABBA's "Super Trooper" or "The Young Ones" (was it
Paul Anka ?)

During periods of silence simetimes SSB traffic observed. Local stn level
here.

5985  National R; observed transmission times 0030-0130 and 0900/0930-1530+,
on 21.11. with En px at 1522.

7185  National R; on 24.11. at 0210 observed with En pop mx, at 0230 En
news, e.g. on ASEAN summit in Singapore, where "ASEAN leaders ko-towed
again to the Burmese Junta" (quote Bangkok Post).

At 0240 western rap mx (no Burmese adaptations) with two canned
announcements in between, one saying a.o. "BBC lying, VOA deceiving", the
other denouncing protesters as "criminals and opportunists", at 0259 end of
px annct in En and Burmese, 0300 silent.

9730   National R; on 24.11. at 0730 no En px observed as per schedule,
txm silent.
(Gerhard Werdin-THA, touring in and around Chiang May in NoThailand, wwdxc
BC-DX Nov 24)

SINGAPORE   I stand corrected with announcement on 6150 kHz being
"Nine-three-eight Live", which I always understood as "Ninety eight Live"; I
checked the Mediacorp website ...