[HCDX] RTM-711...Laâyoune? Dakhla?... Definitively solved (I hope!!)

Hi all!

Sometime ago I posted:

>From some months ago I have been reading dx reports
>placing this saharan station in Dakhla (Villa
Cisneros >when it was part of Spain) instead Laâyoune
(El Aaiún >in its Spanish times). I think this is not
correct. >Laâyoune-El Aaiún is/was the main city of
the >territory. RNE placed there the main radio
station
>with a second station (mainly a relay) in
Dakhla-Villa >Cisneros. For the record, the ITU
"International >Frequency List", 4th edition Volume I,
1-Feb. 1967 >only shows the Laâyoune-El Aaiún station:
AOE EAJ203 >651'5 kHz 100 kw. So the EAJ202 station in
>Dakhla-Villa Cisneros had to be registered later.
>Morocco invaded the western Sahara in 1975 taking the
>control of RTVE stations. Historically these stations
>have maintained its respective frequencies (with
minor >changes to agree with the ITU plans). But ever
>Laâyoune around 700 and Dakhla around 1000. Laâyoune
>powerful (it is the Capital) and Dakhla lower (it is
a >smaller city). Then, why it seems that they have
>interchanged now?. I have found some references to a
>RTM web site giving that information. But I have not
>found that site!. Anyway I think (really: I´m sure)
>that info is not correct. A simple typping error
>probably. You can check the official RTM-Radio
>Laâyoune site to discover that nothing has changed.
>They announce its traditional MW frequency: 711 khz
>and 91'1 FM. You can find the schedulle for its
>programs in Spanish too.
>
>   http://www.radiolaayoune.ma/carte.htm

A little bit more researching made me discover the
decisive probe to demonstrate that 711 is (as ever
was!) the Laâyoune station placed (as ever was!) in
Laâyoune. And, as a collateral damage, the discovering
of no MW transmitter actually in Dakhla, listed
erroneously as Laâyoune (864, 7.5kw). I have found
this information in the own Radio Dakhla web pages,
hidden in the most unexpected place... inside the
Radio Laayoune site!. In this place you can read: "Les
programmes de la radiodiffusion régionale de Dakhla
peuvent être captés sur l'antenne émettrice de la
radiodiffusion régionale de Laayoune établie à Foum-El
Oued sous la fréquence 711 AM et à partir de Dakhla
sous la fréquence 91.80 FM.". In English (my own
traslation): "The programs of the Radiodif. Regionale
de Dakhla can be caught from the transmitting antenna
of the Radiodif. Regionale de Laayoune placed at
Foum-El Oued in the frequency of 711 AM and from
Dakhla in the frequency of 91.8 FM". I have not
written this but Mr. Ahmed Haiba Ouaiah, "le Directeur
de Radio Dakhla". So, Radio Laâyoune gives some
antenna time to Radio Dakhla probably because its lack
of MW transmitter to cover its whole area and the FM
covering only Dakhla city.

http://www.radiolaayoune.ma/Radiodakhla/index.html

"...établie à Foum-El Oued..." but, where is this
place?... Google search:

--"...La commune de Foum El Oued, située à 20 km au
Sud de Laâyoune..."
--"...Foum el oued, à 22kms de Laâyoune ..."
--"...La policía procedió en Foum el-Oued (playa de
  El Aaiún) a varias detenciones más..."
--"...Foum el Oued is the best place to go swimming
if you live in Laayoune..."

I hope that this will be sufficient to demonstrate
that the SNRT tx. on 711 kHz is the one of Radio
Laâyoune located where it was always, in Laâyoune or
its environs.
(in 1967: AOE EAJ203 13W12, 27N10, according ITU "Int.
Freq. List").

Map:
http://www.afriblog.com/personnes%5C0_999%5C666%5C200746224827.jpg

Saludos.