[HCDX] unID Arab on 7733.5

UNIDENTIFIED. 7733.5 kHz encountered with a big signal, Nov 7 at 0639 with ME
music, slightly unstable carrier producing warble, and seemingly mixed with
utility QRM. 0643 song ends with birds chirping, applause, Arabic announcement
mentioning akbar, M&W interchange, 0647 back to pop music in Arabic. Kept
listening but unfortunately dozed off and missed hourtop ID if any; 0706 M&W
news headlines punxuated by stingers, 0715 music.

I often start my bandscan of 7 MHz downward at 7780 WYFR, and glad I did or
would have missed this. Sounds like a major station, and too strong to be a
likely spur; no // found lower on 7 MHz. Could it be a semi-harmonic? Not
unless there is something on 15467.0. If this wasn`t a one-shot, should be
easily audible in Europe, perhaps also in evening.

BTW, there is one other station registered above 7.7 MHz, Emirates Media,
Dhabayya UAE, on 7770 at 2200-0100, 500 kW at 300 degrees to NW Africa, but I
have seen no reports of it (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1381, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com