[HCDX] Luxembourg effect

I had my first experience of the 'Luxembourg effect' yesterday whilst
tuned to 567 RTE.

There was an echo delayed by about two seconds. Checking the EMWG I was
a little surprised to see there was just a single RTE transmitter on the
frequency.

Recording:  http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/audio/567.mp3

I was informed by MWC member Ken Baird that the Luxembourg effect had
been observed in the past with 567 RTE transmitting ghostly audio from
the old Atlantic 252 station. And lo! RTE now transmits on 252 and the
252 signal runs a couple of seconds behind the 567 signal

Ken has an interesting note on this as well as a reproduction of an
early  Luxembourg effect discussion and 'explanation' from 1938

http://www.tadx.mediumwaveradio.org/luxembourg_effect.html

Paul
Troon, Scotland