[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 7

** ANGUILLA [and non]. DGS, 11775, Dec 7 at 1750 with considerable QRM in
Luso-Portuguese. That`s VOA São Tomé at 138 degrees, 1700-1800. VOA also
collides with The Valley at 2030-2100 in Hausa/French via ST/Morocco (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. Seldom heard 5075, Chinese talk and music, Dec 7 at 1354, bothered by
ute pulses perpetually around this frequency. Per Aoki this is VOICE OF PUJIANG
at 1155-1600, Chinese/Amoy, 15 kW 182 degrees from Shanghai. At 1400 heard 3+1
(or was it 4+1?) timesignal, ID ``...guangbo diantai`` but missed the important
syllables.

Other Chinese audible on 60m: 5050 at 1356, M&W talk; as always, 5030 Beijing,
which I have yet to formally bother to log, at 1357 with similar-sounding but
not // talk on 4900.

Firedrake audible at the late hour of 1748 Dec 7 on 7415, and still at 1802, so
it`s not against Sound of Hope since no 5-minute break at hourtop. Instead,
it`s to block R. Free Asia in Chinese via Tinian, 319 degrees at 1600-1900.
That would also be a problem for WBCQ in North America, but not on that early.
Altho authorized for 24 hours on 7415, current scheduled sign-on is 1900 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also USA for more on WBCQ

** CUBA [and non]. R. Rebelde`s excellent music show ``Hecho en Cuba``, Dec 7
at 1751 on 11655, but with SAH of about 7 Hz and weaker audio mixing, no doubt
RN Madagascar. But Rebelde has four //s: best here on 15370 and 17735; also
weaker on 15570, mixing with WYFR on 17555. 1800 into major daily newscast,
Noticiero Nacional de Radio (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ETHIOPIA [and non]. Dec 7 at 1425 check, DW Amharic via Rwanda was poor on
15620, no jamming audible, and none of the other frequencies audible either
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Again Dec 7 at 1336 check, XEXQ missing from 6045, and XEOI audible
on 6010 at 1336, talking about Veracruz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PRIDNESTROVYE. Radio PMR, barely audible on 7370 vs noise level Dec 7 at
1802 in presumed English to Europe. Those further northeast are hearing this
well, but it`s still tough here near high noon.

BTW, in the N Hemisphere we are now at our earliest sunsets of the year, at
Enid 2316 UT, while our latest sunrises will be a month later in early January,
at Enid 1344 UT instead of the current 1330. This anomaly is because of Earth`s
oblateness; only in between these dates on the solstice do we get our shortest
day, 1339-2320 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ROMANIA. RRI, 7180, Dec 7 at 0658 after English broadcast, IS and this time
with the co-transmitted roar (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA [and non]. 6075, Dec 7 at 1338, very distorted jazzy piano music,
1343 Russian announcement. Per Aoki this is R. Rossii via Petropavlovsk (Kam.).
At 1347 also bothered by a het from unknown source on 6074; 1352 more distorted
music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** THAILAND [non]. PMS Costa Rica was back up on 9725, Dec 7 at 1426, blocking
Thailand`s English broadcast at 1400, except no trace of it anyway this date
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WBCQ, 7415, presumed, on much later than usual probably on ad-hoc,
why-not? basis, UT Fri Dec 7 at 0654, with Jumpin` Jack Flash by R. Stones;
weak and fading. Or possibly a real pirate which decided to reactivate the
frequency. Firedrake also on 7415 later: see CHINA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 11975, big carrier and intermittent tone tests, 1753 Dec 7. Must be
VOA Greenville warming up for English to Africa at 1800-2000 (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ZIMBABWE [non]. Trying to confirm reported new frequency 21495 Greenville
for VOA Studio 7 service, Dec 7 at 1755 I could barely detect a carrier on
21495; and the only identifiable signal on 13m was WYFR on 21680, very weak
too, so very little propagation on this band (Glenn Hauer, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Chinese OTH radar? About the same as the day before, but weaker,
clicking pulses from 5100 to 5230 at 1355 Dec 7. Also came across similar but
not identical pulsing Dec 7 at 1420 from 11988 to 12012, also barely audible
under RHC on 12000. This might have been a defect in the RHC transmitter
instead (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Looking for last minute shopping deals?