[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 3-4

** ERITREA [non]. As mentioned in DXLD 7-144, V. of Meselná Delina, clandestine
via WHRA, confirmed on new 12015, excellent reception here off the back of the
antenna, Dec 3 at 1829 tune-in, just in time to hear a few words in presumed
Tigrinya, one minute promo in English for WHR reaching the unreached, 1830 back
to language, presumed the same but not certain; could not make out any program
name ID. Is this reflected in the online WHRA program schedule,
http://www.whr.org/index.cfm?fa=schedule&Search=Angel5 --- ?
of course not! It still shows 17650 and 4 different English-language
gospel-huxter programs at 1830-1900, after half an hour of VOMD, but apparently
that is now extended to a full hour. Or has a companion.

The VOMD website http://vodm.asmarino.com/ still gives outdated frequency if
not time:
Days: Monday - Friday
Time: 9:00PM - 9:30PM Eritrea time
Frequency 17650 kHz (16.9 meter band)
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ETHIOPIA [non]. I monitored WHRA 11785 again Monday December 3, from tune-in
1920, and the mystery African(?) language clandestine(?) was already underway
so may have started as early as 1900. Man was giving an impassioned speech,
phone quality. At 1932 some music, and later in that semihour a woman talking
with studio quality. Recorded, including the closing about 1956, in a 2:47 rm
clip, 433 kb, with typical music before and after. It sounds somewhat familiar,
but the ID at 1:00 into the clip does not. Actually it seems to be an e-mail
address, like wainamradio@xxxxxxxxxx but I am not at all sure of that. Later
there is a www given too but marred by fade/distortion. I hope someone can
recognize the language or even identify it. . . Have a listen at
http://www.w4uvh.net/whra11785unid.rm

Then I make another check of the WHRA online schedule, and the answer seems to
appear:

1900 Mo 0200 PM 0300 PM Monday - Friday Demitse-Tewahedo Demitse Tewahedo
Demitse Tewahedo 11.785 Mhz

Which in WHR`s wacky way of presentation means it is on Mondays only at
1900-2000 UT, with other (English) programming shown during the same time other
days.

So it must be the same one still showing on the TDP schedule for A-07
http://www.airtime.be/schedule.html as:
Zena Tewahedo the Ligament Holy Synod of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church
in Exile 1600-1700 15260 AM m...... Amharic Africa

but which is replaced in the B-07 schedule below it by:
EOTC Holy Synod Radio 1600-1700 9445 AM m...... Amharic Africa
Note that EOTC matches as an abbr. for Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

The EOTC website http://exile.eotcholysynod.org/ still has them on 9445 ``due
to weather conditions``, and mp3 audio files of the last few weeks` broadcasts
are available for download.

However, the last 3 minutes of their audio file do NOT match what I heard and
recorded today on WHRA, in music or announcements, gender of announcer,
including several clear Zena Tewáhedo IDs in the last few minutes. The file
gives a Los Angeles address, and eotc e-mail address as on the website.

A couple times during the SW broadcast I heard Louisiana mentioned. Another
possibility is that they are producing two different programs for TDP and WHR,
but I suspect it is not Zena Tewahedo but some other possibly related
clandestine.

And that which I previously reported during the same hour on Thursday, Nov 22
may also be something different. We need to check other days of the week as
there may be other clandestine programs on this frequency, just as TDP once had
a full schedule of several different rotating programs depending on day of
week, on 15260 and now on 9445 --- or have those now been replaced by WHRA
transmissions? But this may be in addition rather than in replacement: the
opening announcement in their Dec 3 audio file mentions kHz and meterband
twice. If they do match up, the Thursday broadcast could be EPPF Radio.

I hope someone can evaluate my clip on its own merits, and also check this
transmission other days of the week (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

José Miguel Romero suggests some possibilities, but I am not sure either is a
complete match:

Saludos Glenn, puede tratarse de Voice of Tewahedo Ethiopian Orthodox,
programa religioso emitido por New World Radio 1120 AM Washington DC.
http://wust1120.com/index2.html

Esta emisora emite una serie de programas religiosos, entre ellos para la
comunidad Ethiope. Al descargar el audio se puede leer Demitse Tewahedo.

Glenn, otra posibilidad mas factible es que se trata de Finote Selam Radio
http://www.radiotewahedo.org/
Si se escucha el final del audio correspondiente al 2 de Diciembre, la música
es la misma. 73 (José Miguel Romero, Spain, Dec 4, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Hmm, that one has separate programs on stations in Denver (Dec 2), Washington,
Atlanta. Music may be same, but announcement is different. What does Tewahedo
mean? The word seems to be in the name of more than one program/station (Glenn
Hauser, DXLD)

** ETHIOPIA [and non]. Dec 3 check of DW Amharic at 1400: poor signal on 15620,
no jamming audible, and no signal on 15660; 11645 had noise level slightly
higher than local noise level on band. 1455 recheck, 15660 noise jamming also
audible (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Solar-terrestrial indices for 02 December follow. Solar flux 73 and
mid-latitude A-index 1. The mid-latitude K-index at 1500 UTC on 03 December was
0 (4 nT). No space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours. No space
weather storms are expected for the next 24 hours (SWPC via DXLD)

Dec 4 at 1430 check, DW OK on 15620, no jamming audible, and other frequencies
not heard (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See UNIDENTIFIED 15630

** SOUTH AFRICA. SSIRI, 15675 via Meyerton, Tue Dec 4 from 1400 with usual
condescending English lessons with frequent bell-sounds as cues to
``interact``; ended at 1429:30 and then observed two different tones, hi and
lo, alternating every 6 seconds until 1431* This appears to be typical
behaviour for SENTECH and a useful clue in other cases (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. Brother Scare, 13810 via ``Jew-lick``, GERMANY, Dec 4
at 1439, running about 1 second behind WWRB 9385. Quite weak on 13810 and I
don`t often hear it. Currently HFCC registered as 14-16 at 115 degrees, but
http://www.overcomerministry.org/SW-UTC.htm not revised since Sept 13! Shows
13-15 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN. REE has absolutely no class, especially during its classical music
show: Dec 3 at 1455, Mozart`s beautiful ``Exsultate, Jubilate`` rudely
interrupted on 17595 to NAm for irrelevant African frequency change
announcement as always on weekdays. // 15585 was not interrupted, but too weak
to substitute (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** WESTERN SAHARA [non]. R. Nacional de la RASD, 6300, nice listening with
chanting, music, Dec 3 at 0710-0722+, and this late, no QRM de Cuba leapfrog
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Solar-terrestrial indices for 02 December follow. Solar flux 73 and
mid-latitude A-index 1. The mid-latitude K-index at 0600 UTC on 03 December was
0 (04 nT). No space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours. No
space weather storms are expected for the next 24 hours (SWPC via DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15240, open carrier, Dec 4 at 1434, steady and only slightly
weaker than CRI via Canada on 15230. 15240 at 1430 used to be the B-season time
for Sweden via Canada, moved this year to 1530, but I wonder if some change is
coming at Sackville (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15630, continuous 1 kHz tone test, Dec 4 from 1355 past 1401 and
past 1429 but gone at 1441 recheck. ERT Avlis, Greece is the only station
registered on this frequency at any time, as alternate to 15650, but its normal
programming was running at same time on 15650, and much weaker. So either they
are testing another transmitter, or it`s something else, more likely the
latter. Perhaps DW is looking for yet another Amharic frequency in the
neighborhood (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15790-15795-15800, again hearing DRM, Dec 4 at 1440. Nothing on
17870-17875-17880. The DRM DX schedule at
http://www.baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/drmdx/main&sort=kHz,UTC
still hasn`t been updated since Nov 26, and neither center frequency appears!
Ditto for
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/features/media/dossiers/drm_schedule.html ---
why don`t they keep them up to date? We know that 15795 is registered for TDF
Issoudun, but this is strong enough to be Guiana French instead (Glenn Hauser,
DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###