[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 1-2

** AUSTRALIA. My Nov 25 log on 4910 as VL8A Alice should have been VL8T Tennant
Creek --- tho I did hear them ID as Alice, apparently being relayed. I never
can remember which is which. The correxion was made subsequently in DXLD, but
if you quote this log please be sure to make this correxion, now or at the next
opportunity (Glenn Hauser, Dec 1, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** COLOMBIA. Just as Julián Santiago Díez de Bonilla suspected, La Voz de tu
Conciencia is still active on 6010 after 0400 UT, despite reports that it was
deferring to Mexico`s Radio Mil at 04-13. Dec 2 at 0620 I started monitoring,
and heard weak nondescript music, fast SAH from a second station. But which was
which? Finally at 0706 there was a full ID for La Voz de tu Conciencia, Puerto
Lleras, and timecheck for 2:05 am, then into sermon. By this time its signal
was stronger and XEOI, if there, was completely overridden. See also MEXICO
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Radio Havano Kubo, Esperanto confirmed UT Sunday Dec 2 at 0707 on
6000, which extends past 0700 on Sundays only. Also repeated Sunday at 1515 on
11760, report on some conference in Montrealo.

R. Rebelde, 5025, playing multiple versions of the song ``La última noche que
pasé contigo``, Dec 2 at 1332. I only heard three, but there were several more
per the back-announce. I enjoy such daring programming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Radio Mil, XEOI, 6010, weak but audible Sunday Dec 2 at 1316 with
``Viva la Música Mexicana`` show of YL songs; earlier gave phone number in the
cabina, taking requests? No co-channel QRM at this hour, but COLOMBIA [q.v.]
would have faded out anyway. There was some splatter from 6020 or 6000, not
sure which. By 1350 XEOI was even weaker as the sun ascended. I think it must
be running very low power; now eclipsed by XEXQ on 6045, much stronger at 1324
check with classical music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WYFR is having some strange problem with double audio, like echoes of
about the same strength. Not long/short path in this case, I am quite sure. Dec
2 at 0623 the WYFR (not RTI) Cantonese to WNAm transmission on 5985 exhibited
this, and also at 1349 on 13695, WYFR Mandarin to NAm.

This anomaly was first reported by Larry Will in Maryland, December 2, at
0409-0416 on new 6915; when I checked 6915 at 0615 I heard no echo, but Ron
Howard in California still did, tho not so bad (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING
DIGEST) ###

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs