[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 29-30

** ETHIOPIA [and non]. Did not check Nov 29, but Nov 30, DW Amharic at 1439 was
good on 15620, JBA on // 15660. No jamming sounds as such on 15620, but it
seemed like there was another broadcast station underneath. It`s now confirmed
that this hour of DW on 15620 is via Rwanda (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** FRANCE. 15790-15795-15800, strong DRM signals, Nov 30 at 1439. We know these
frequencies have been used sporadically by TDF Issoudun, but not in the current
DRM schedules at
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/features/media/dossiers/drm_schedule.html
nor
http://www.baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/drmdx/main&sort=kHz,UTC
both of which have not been updated since Nov 26. However, HFCC has this: 15795
0800 1800 28S,29S,39N ISS 150 88 1234567 281007 300308 N Various F NEW TDF
10022 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE [and non]. 11675, Nov 30 at 1434 found strong S9+20 program
mentioning Afghanistan, Kabul, bin Laden, habari, apparently Pashto. Somewhat
distorted from someone on phone, but good studio audio. 1458 concluding with
some kHz, MHz mentions, 1459 adjacent QRM from Venezuela IS 11680 via Cuba.
11675 also mentioned ``RFE`` so thought that was it, but it was really RFI,
since shortly later ID in apparent English as ``Radio France International``,
and off at 1500* leaving a much weaker signal from something else on 11675.

Seems new, not noticed before, but in B-07 sked as RFI in Pashtu, Issoudun 500
kW, 80 degrees at 1430-1500. This transmission is squeezed between two
Wertachtal outsendings. Polish Radio before it, and AWR Nepal after it. Now why
was Issoudun so much stronger than Wertachtal, not that far apart and neither
one targeting NAm? Could it be that ISS had their ALLISS rotated in the wrong
direxion? Or in any event much less efficient in aiming its radiation properly.
Or just by a fluke a propagational hotspot/pipeline to here (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH [non]. Echo of Hope, 6003, is usually nothing but a het against
Cuba 6000, but Nov 30 at 1410, no Cuba, and EOH audio in Korean talk, 1413
disco-beat music, 1414 jingle and talk, // 6348 which had pulse jamming 5 per
second unlike 6003. No sign of XEOI 6010 either (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** MEXICO. No sign of XEOI, 6010, Nov 30 at 1414 as I was logging Echo of Hope
on 6003, nor have I had any identifiable signal from XEOI for some weeks. Is it
off the air currently? With this and XERTA 4810 often missing, that leaves
Mexican SW 100% noncommercial-classical-cultural on 6045, 6185, 9599 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TAIWAN. When I had a chance I brought up the audio of this Wednesday`s RTI
broadcast including Jade Bells & Bamboo Pipes [non]. Audio file is only 40
minutes long, omitting the opening news, etc. First program on it is Women
Making Waves, taking 13 minutes, so JB&BP starts at :13 minutes into the file.
I guess this means it started at approx. :33 into the original one-hour
broadcast. The plucked string instrument in question is the gujung (spelling?).
Lasted until 37:30 in, when English SW transmission schedule was announced, not
in time order but by target area (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. Live from Turkey, Thu Nov 29 at 1355 mentioned they would be
welcoming a new announcer, Leila (sp?) Watkins. The two male announcers did
introduce themselves at the outset, but I would have to be rolling tape and
carefully analyze it to try to figure out what they say their names are. But we
never heard Leila; instead an actual call came in from an actual listener, her
first time: Clara Listensprechen. Maybe she can rejuvenate the show if she
calls in some more. This is on 12035 and 11735 tho I was listening to webcast
with rather better reception (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. Marfil Estéreo is lucky enough that at certain hours there
is no co-channel QRM on 5910, and the DCJC has finally abandoned it long after
R. República left. But now they get splatter from distorted WBOH 5920, as noted
Nov 30 at 0645, Christians vs Christians! WBOH was playing Xmas music, but I
can`t imagine anyone voluntarily listening to the distortion on this station
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 11785, Nov 30 at 1437 with big buzz sound, like we hear from
Saudi Arabia or maybe Romania, but neither of these now listed; instead VOA
Chinese via Thailand, certainly jammed, but this is not the jamming sound we
normally get from China; or possibly another malxfunxioning transmitter,
Indonesia (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs