[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs August 11-13

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. R. Solh finally got a new CD! But no more ``Solh theme``
at 1427 UT on 17700 via UK. Aug 13 was propagating for a change and monitored
from 1415 past 1445, but all the music was different than what we had been
hearing; pause for a brief announcement at 1431 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CANADA [and non]. Unlike previous nights, UT Sat Aug 11 at 0602, WHRI was on
7335 with `news` over CHU. Once again on UT Sunday Aug 12, WHRI opened 7335 at
*0558:30 blowing away CHU. Altho on schedule as daily from 0600, had not been
heard at that hour for a few weeks, and suspected to be a weekend-only thing at
the moment. WHRI, 7335, was gone again, Monday Aug 13 at 0600+, leaving CHU
back in the clear. WHRI had been confirmed active at that hour on UT Sat & Sun,
so it must be a weekend thing, tho no such variation is to be seen on the WHR
online schedules (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. Firedrake was S9+20 on 9930, Aug 13 at 1402, and not a trace of KWHR
with Sound of Hope audible underneath! FD makes no top-of-hour pause on this
frequency. Suspected KWHR was not really on the air; maybe on 12130 instead?
Nothing there either. FD open carrier at 1402 on 10300, no SOH audible anyway,
then FD resumed modulation at 1404:30 // 9930. No FD audible at this time on
13970, nor in the mid-14 MHz band, nor 18160/18180, but JBA on 16490. Also //
FD on 12040 which is against VOA Chinese via Tinang (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Making another check for R. Nacional de la RASD on 6300, August 12 at
0601, I did not hear it but instead RHC English on its weak mixing product of
6060 over 6180. There was a SAH, however of 3 Hz or so, not computed, which
could well be RASD underneath. Of more interest was QRM from bubble jamming!
Never noticed that before on this frequency. May have emanated from the 6030
transmitter which was extremely strong blotting out R. Martí, somehow mixing
into an RHC transmitter next to it. DentroCubans vs DentroCubans! (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also VENEZUELA

** GABON. Moyabi seemed to be back to `normal`, Aug 13 at 1444 when ANU was in
French on 17630, and Afropop music distraxion was on 17660. Could not hear
either a semisesquihour earlier (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ITALY. Rai, 17780 to NAm, Aug 13 at 1411 check was dead air except for
persistent squealing transmitter and hum, but finally some lo-fi music came on.
Seems like Rai SW service has been in its death-throes for years, but time is
outrunning (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. I happened to tune by RNV CI via Cuba on 17705, Sunday,
August 12, 2007 at 2030 when they were announcing their transmission schedule.
I soon realized it was exactly the same as at
http://www.rnv.gov.ve/noticias/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=5173
which was posted 39.5 months ago and has undergone considerable change since
then, as I have repeatedly pointed out in the interim. The times given, altho
not specified, are all in LOCAL time, more or less, as DST is also too much for
them to cope with. Note the date of the press release, not the date on the
framing, and it says the service started 22 April 2004.

For one thing, none of the morning broadcasts at 10, 11 or 12 UT are mentioned
even tho they have been going for a year or more. It so happens the final
broadcast on the list still exists as the one I tuned into, 20-21 UT on 17705,
never very strong here, aimed to SAm. AFAIK, neither RNV nor RHC has ever
published an up-to-date schedule of these broadcasts. It was left to us, the DX
Community to monitor the true schedule of RNV, and it has been published
several times in DXLD. Since the Bolivarians obviously do not want it to get
out, I am happy not to publish it again until any further changes be discovered
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/