[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs August 9-10

** CANADA [and non]. CHU, 7335, in the clear with no WHRI, Aug 10 at 0600 nor
at 0853 recheck. 7335 remains on the WHRI website schedule as 0600-1100.
Earlier dates, however, they were still on before 1100. Would those awake
please check when WHRI is now opening on 7335 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** FRANCE [non]. RFI, 15160 G in French about Sénégal; just squeezed out an ID
in passing Aug 10 at 1359 before cut off abruptly at 1359:30. Don`t recall
noticing this transmission before, but it`s on the schedule as via RSA, as well
as the English hour at 1600 on exactly the same beam favorable for us, spelt
U-S:

15160 1200 1400 46SE,47SW,52   MEY 250 328  D French  AFS RFI TDF
15160 1600 1700 37S,46,47W,52N MEY 250 328  D English AFS RFI TDF
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Afropop music distraxion again heard on 17660, Aug 9 at 1440 check;
but not detected 23 hours later with poorer propagation (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** HAWAII. Not much outside NAm was making it on 31m with summer daytime noise
level, but Aug 10 at 1655 on 9930 heard spirited dialog in Chinese, SINPO
35333. Must be KWHR with Sound of Hope, which on M-F is scheduled until 1700
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. Re 7-093, VOT`s new program schedule. I made a point of monitoring
the Thursday Aug 9 1830 broadcast via webcast, to see if as implied in the
folder, Live from Turkey is now repeated from the 1230 transmission, since no
other programs are shown for either version of the Thursday schedules. No: at
1847, Eurasia, a 7-minute talk about Dagestan this fortnight, to return in two
weeks. Eurasia is not mentioned at all on the current schedule.

After a Turkish music break, Letterbox appeared at 1859-1914. That`s supposed
to be on the Wednesday broadcasts only. It was mentioned that there were no
winning essay contest entries submitted to the English desk this year, but the
announcer read a losing entry that she liked. A listener in Australia suggested
that the 1230/1330 English broadcast be moved earlier than local midnight, but
she doubted this was possible since English has to be integrated with all the
other languages. Well, as we pointed out before, there is an English program at
0800 which is on internet and satellite only, so they could put that one on SW
if they have transmitter availability. Then more Turkish music for the rest of
the transmission. BTW, the music was MUCH louder than the spoken parts of the
webcast. Presumably the same things are played back on the 2030, 2200 and 0300
broadcasts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Tuning around 20 m, Fri Aug 10 at 1657 I came upon a ham on 14270-USB
speaking German. His call, heard only once, was apparently W9HOG, and this was
part of a net, altho I do not find any listed on this frequency at this time,
nor anything nearby which would likely be conducted in German, in the final
edition of Nets to You. ARRL lookup shows: Kogerup, Alan G, W9HOG (General),
Antioch, IL 60002-0129 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. The `bonker` --- about 5 pulses, the last one longer, mixed with
other ute noises, covering 11735-11745 and centred on 11740, Aug 10 at 1652.
Not the first time I have noted this in the middle of the exclusive 11 MHz SWBC
band. No broadcasters audible at the time to QRM, but Romania and Zanzibar
would be impacted during the following hours. What is this? Where is this?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Searching the UDXF yg with over 9000 posts now, I got one hit on 11740: 1714Z
11740.0 Link-11 data transmission. (Heard this freq passed by Shaw aircraft on
UHF)

ALE addresses monitored on Cothen: 706, D45, F31, I01, I3L, J18, J41, LNT, M46,
M69, OPB, WST, X60, X93

Mark Monitoring Milcom from Charleston, SC (M J Cleary, May 14, 2006, UDXF yg
via DXLD)

The second part about ALE may not pertain just to 11740 but other logs above
it. Now we know? (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/