[HCDX] Radio ICDI, Central African Rep., reconfirmed if not DXed

** CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC. Dear Mr Mbami, I have heard about Radio
ICDI some months ago being on the air. However, I have seen no recent
reports of it. Could you please confirm whether or not Radio ICDI has
been or is currently on the air on 6030 kHz, or another frequency? And
at what hours? Thanks, (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO to Josue Mbami,
Radio ICDI, via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Dear Glenn,

1. Yes, I confirm this information about Radio ICDI.
2. We work on 6030 kHz at 6:00 to 9:00 AM and 05:00 to 08:00 PM
   [0500-0800 & 1600-1900 UT]
3. Radio ICDI use now French, Sango, Fufulde, Bayaka languages.
4. We are looking for financial aids to support our workers because we
   need to add supplementary hours to the old ones.
5. CAR population appreciate very much Radio ICDI program and all
   country hears our radio now.

Thanks, (Josue Mbami, Radio ICDI, Coordinator, Central African
Republic, August 7, WORLD OF RADIO 1370, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

So our best (only) chance to hear Boali in NAm remains at *0500 UT
Mondays, when Cuban jamming and Martí are in truce, but then CFVP and
who knows what else are the obstacles. Of course that is close to
local sunrise in CAR, so the window won`t last long, but being almost
equatorial, varies little during the year (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF
RADIO 1370, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

I realize it is not your mission to be heard anywhere outside the CAR,
but I am very curious to know if you are aware of any credible
reception reports from other continents, or even other parts of
Africa? At one point 7160 was mentioned as an alternate frequency. Was
this ever used or do you plan to use anything but 6030? Thanks, (Glenn
Hauser to Jim Hocking, via DXLD)

We have been heard in Congo Brazzaville, DRC, across the border in
Cameroon and some in Chad. We know that we are in Sudan a ways but not
sure how far. NO not yet on 7160 as we need to purchase another
transmitter for $7000.00 Always looking for funding...smile (Jim
Hocking, Director ICDI, Aug 8, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://tv.yahoo.com/