[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs August 5-6

** CANADA [and non]. RCI, off frequency, 15234.9, June 24 at 1835 in Maple Leaf
Mailbag, SIO 332 (Tony Rogers, UK, Aug BDXC-UK Communication via DXLD)

I had this in mind when I came upon RCI, Aug 5 at 1957 in French. My YB-400`s
BFO is getting very touchy and hard to zero, so I did not have time to decide
if it was still on 15234.9; however, an open carrier had just come on producing
a low het of about 100 Hz! RCI off at 1959* and from *2000 Adventist World
Radio/Voice of Hope (not to be confused with defunct George Otis`), came on
with much better signal, IDs in English, French, German, Italian, then opening
in English with what sounded like ``Africa Rediction``, then program on
depression presented with an ``African(?)`` accent. Since it was Sunday, I was
hoping for Wavescan, but no dice. Per Aoki, 15235 is Jülich, 100 kW at 200
degrees. Odds are that it`s really Sackville off-frequency, not Jülich (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [and non]. Looking around for Firedrake, against Sound of Hope, found
this, Aug 6: at 1314 on 14450, FD was JBA // much stronger 13970. At 1326 found
some very weak audio, maybe music on 16490, aside ute pulses on 16494; SOH/FD
has been reported around here lately from Japan.

Aoki Aug 6 shows:
16480*Xi Wang Zhi Sheng SOH 0000-2400 1234567 Chinese 1 ND ? TWN SOH a07
Jul.22- 16480-16520

At 1342, FD on 10300 much stronger than // 9200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** ITALY. Rai NAm service at 1830 still going too, as noticed Rai chirps at
1827 August 5 on 15380 aside stronger KJES 15385. Rai, Italian to NAm, or
rather Toronto, still going at 1412 check Aug 6, lo-fi music on 17780 with
squeal, // 15280 without squeal (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISENING DIGEST)

** TIBET [non]. Good signal on 11605, August 6 at 1259 with music, ``RFA
Channel 4`` ID --- do they really intend to put their satellite feed IDs on
SW?? 1300 opening Tibetan, and immediately CNR1(?) co-channel jamming starts,
but slightly off-frequency producing a low het, which I am sure is no accident
either. R. Free Asia site is Tinian, 309 degrees (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. VOT, 15450 to WEu, was carrying on well enough to CNAm for a change
on August 6; tuned in at 1316 to hear the conclusion of this week`s Mevlana
episode on Sufism until 1319, to continue next week; then at 1320 their
fill-minute of multilingual IDs (Can anyone identify them all, in order? My
stumbling block would be distinguishing several Turkic languages, and also
several Slavix). 1321 news headlines, IS and off at 1324* (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST) See new VOT program schedule in DXLD 7-093

** U S A. KJES, 11715, Monday Aug 6 at 1305 in English with off-key YL singing
hymn, mixing with robokids chanting, which really don`t go together; a few
minutes later fade out the singing and fade up the kids. Good signal, anyway.
Other days inaudible at this hour, and I am still not sure whether operation is
irregular, or propagation/skipping over accounts for this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [non]. Aug 6 at 1329 on 17730 some ME music, 1330 M&W talk, unsure of
language; poor to fair. This is VOA Kurdish via Lampertheim per Aoki:

17730 VOICE OF AMERICA 1300-1400 1234567 Kurdish 100 104 Lampertheim D
00833E4930 IBB a07 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. From press reports that ``Aló Presidente`` can go on for
hours and hours all day Sundays, I have wondered how long the RHC relay can
stay with it. The nominal time used to be published as 1400-1830 UT, but August
5 I rechecked at 1826 and Hugo was still going on 11875, 13750 and 17750 via
Cuba. I happened to check 11875 again at 1950, just in time to hear a promo for
Cuban radio and TV being available on satellite, and off at 1951* Barely had
time to // it to very weak 17750, then mixed with WYFR, or rather CBS Taiwan
relay in Chinese (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

http://tv.yahoo.com/