Re: [HCDX] A reply to the incorrect and insulting comments againstmy country, CUBA, by Senor Henry Klemetz

Amen and Amen!!!!!   Thank you Glenn for that reply. One other problem with
Arnie's list it is in Spanish. My high school spanish isn't that good any
more (Been out of high school for almost 45 years.) With the way things are
going I might have to relearn spanish.

My thinking on this is, that "when pigs fly" or "When hell freezes over"
then you will see a list
as you asked for.

Willis

Arnie gets provoked to over-react. Politix quite aside, all we want is a
complete and accurate listing of Cuban MW stations, at least, including
frequency, callsign, power, location, name of station or network. Is this
too
much to ask? Of course a long list of frequencies would not be suitable for
show like Arnie`s. However, an occasional feature highlighting one of Cuba`s
many provincial networks or municipal stations, for example, would be of
great
interest, and that could include a short list of frequencies and locations.

The site he cites, http://www.radiocubana.cu looks promising, until you try
find some frequency information there. Incredibly, the link near the top
labeled ``Vea también sus frecuencias de transmisión y otros datos de
interés
en nuestro Directorio``, leads to a list by province showing the NUMBER of
frequencies on AM & FM each station has but NOT the actual frequencies! Yes,
there are links to the individual websites of each station (with a few
exceptions), but just try to find a frequency list there, e.g. Radio Reloj,
where there have been some new ones popping up, no one knows where for sure.

No doubt the WRTH has been trying for 50 years to get accurate frequency
lists,
with all the common technical details, just like the info published for
every
other country, out of the Cuban government, with little or no success. So
Arnie, if that info is so accessible, just forward it to WRTH and we can
really
look forward to the 2008 edition, and prove your critix wrong. Why wait?
Post
it on this list. Otherwise we will be forced to conclude that such info is
really considered a sensitive state secret, and you will weasel your way out
of
making it known to the world. I can`t wait for you to call me ``ultra
right-wing``.

BTW, all info provided to the ITU is by definition ``official`` and may not
mesh 100% with reality, especially in a radio-war situation, so observations
by
DXers will continue to be valuable. 73, Glenn Hauser