[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs September 2-6

** CUBA. RHC, 13680, out of whack again Sept 4 at 1320, putting out several
spurs, consisting of whine of medium pitch and slightly varying with modulation
also audible; somewhat distorted on fundamental, and extremely distorted on
spurs, which extended almost 5 kHz plus and minus from: 13771, 13728, 13634,
13589, 13540, which are respectively these offsets: +91, +48, -46, -91, -140
kHz. Pinning them down is difficult, so rounding off the closer ones to 47
would make a nice match, but double of that would be 94, not 91. Plus 140 was
probably there too but, guess what, buried in jamming against R. Martí ---
could this problem be involved with the 13820 jamming transmitter, anyway? I
did not hear the roaring jamming sounds on the RHC spurs, however (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1373, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Almost nightly I tune around 49m in the 0500-0600
period, but Sept 6 is the first time I find 6025 active at that hour: after
lite gospel music, 0600 full ID as ``La emisora predilecta de la República
Dominicana, Radio Amanecer Internacional``. Also slogan in Spanish along the
lines of ``we love everyone, even those who don`t share our views``. Fair
signal; before 0600 it was tightly squeezed between CRI 6020 and Martí 6030, so
better after CRI off and one could side-tune down a bit (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUATEMALA. R. Verdad, 4052.5, usually audible here; noted Sept 4 at 0545,
playing choral hymn with considerable distortion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUIANA FRENCH. After a 3-week + 2-day-weekend summer vacation, TDF DRM is
back, buzz heard again Monday Sept 3 at 1413 on 17870-17875-17880. But it was
gone again on Tue Sept 4 at several chex, 1405, 1428, 1630, 1730. If I were a
fan of these transmissions I would be getting pretty exasperated. But the more
misses, the more chances for analog stations such as Libya to be heard. DRM
back on again already at 1358 check Sept 6 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Tuning 60m a bit earlier than I usually do, around 1230 UT Sept
6, pleased to find several RRI outlets audible. Best without any interference
was 4605; also 4790 with CODAR QRM; 4870 with bonker QRM; 4750 and 4920 both
with co-channel broadcast QRM, probably China. Each had different programming,
some music, some talk (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [non]. Another semihour we can forget about hearing XEXQ, 6045, even
if it is on: 0500-0530. VOA São Tomé noted signing off after Hausa, Sept 5 at
0530 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. I noted that it was on the air Saturday Sept 1; however, on
Sunday Sept 2 at 1915, 15290 was missing. Aló, Presidente was still running on
11875, so that would be because of transmitter availability and/or
non-competition with another Venezuelan service. However2, rechecking both
frequencies at 1957, 15290 was on wrapping up RNV CI service, and 11875 was
off, so they made the switch sometime in the interim (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF
RADIO 1373, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###