[HCDX] Message from "World Cricket Today" on Radio Miami International

Bruce Baskin <wrmi.radio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject  WRMI's "World Cricket Today" program from
England
mailed-by  hotmail.com

Hello,

Attached find this week's edition of Radio Miami
International's "World
Cricket Today" program, the only show dedicated to
cricket on American
shortwave radio.  This week's program is the first of
a two-part series of
reports from England.  WCT visited the recent
Colchester Cricket Week match
between Essex and Leicestershire, which is where
today's show originated
from.  Next week,the program will originate from an
MSC (UK) League match in
Suffolk between Second XI sides from the Kesgrave and
Castle clubs.

"World Cricket Today" began in March of this year as a
daily one-minute
update on WRMI of action from the Cricket World Cup in
the West Indies.
Since then, it has been a weekly 15-minute program
aired every Sunday
morning at 1530 UTC on 7385 kHz to North America.  It
is rebroadcast later
in the day on 9955 kHz to both Central and South
America.  Both broadcasts
can be heard throughout much of the world.

Also, "World Cricket Today" is seeking sponsors for
future broadcasts.  For
$25US per week, American-born host Bruce Baskin (a
native of Seattle) will
be able to continue to bring cricket to the world band
airwaves from the
American continent.  While the two-week series is
focusing on English
cricket, WCT continues to deliver the latest news from
international cricket
to listeners, with a special emphasis on American
cricket.  If a sponsor
cannot be found by the end of September, "World
Cricket Today" will be
forced to cease production.

"It's a difficult position to be in," Baskin says,
"But these broadcasts do
cost money and our money on hand is running out.  We
believe $25US is a
minimal investment to keep cricket on shortwave radio
in the USA, especially
since sponsors will receive four mentions per program
plus a thirty-second
commercial.

Baskin adds, "Cricket is a great sport and deserves
more attention in
America.  We have been doing the program on WRMI
faithfully for six months,
but time is running out.  We need some financial help
now, and I'm hoping
that someone out there cares enough about cricket to
keep this program
going.  I think it's worth it."

CONTACT:
Bruce Baskin