[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 14

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. Radio Solh, 17700 via Rampisham UK, once again with
skipping/sticking CD during music at 1347 Oct 14 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** ALBANIA. R. Tirana blown away by RHC again on 13750: see CUBA

** CUBA. Sunday Oct 14 I made the following monitoring notes:

At 1319, very strong 13750 was on instead of usual 13680, during RHC music, no
trace of Tirana underneath. 1320 program is ``Correo Internacional`` with full
addresses for pen pals, starting with a Romanian in Colombia, Marius
Draganescu, mariusdx @ hotmail.com and then other E- and P-mail addresses.
During this talk segment I could barely distinguish another station underneath,
which must have been Tirana until 1329.

RHC has shown up on 13750 before on another Sunday despite Tirana. There is no
obvious reason for this, except that the Sunday-only show Aló, Presidente
messes up the overall schedule, even tho it doesn`t start until 1400!

When first tuned at 1319, I noted that 13760 RHC was not on either, but it was
audible, much weaker, aside 13750, at 1322.

At 1403 found the Aló, Presidente service on weakish 13680, 11875, 11670.
Recheck at 1503 they were saying that the show officially starts at 11 am
Sundays (1500 UT), even tho the frequencies always start coming up an hour
earlier with RHC fill programming. This week it`s from Santa Clara celebrating
the 40th anniversary of the death of Che Guevara; not sure if Hugo was there or
whether he has anything directly to do with this event.

At this hour, A,P was in // not only on 17750-under WYFR, 13750, 11875, 11670,
and weak 9550, but also on 11760 which at 1500 on Sundays is supposed to carry
the weekly RHC Esperanto semihour. Not on the air: 15190, which was reported
recently with Esperanto, nor 15370; nor 13680, 13760 altho they had been in the
previous hour. 11670, at least, was an echo-reverb apart from some of the
others, different site and/or feed routing (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

Surprisingly, the RHC transmission schedule at
http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/frecuencia/frecuencias-espanol.htm
has already been updated, now dated Oct 2007-March 2008! It is as always,
confusingly laid out.

It does still show Esperanto Sunday on 11760 at 1500 (plus 1930).

For A,P on Sundays at 1400 (no end time), it lists 13680 to CAm, 11670 to
Caribbean, 11875 & 17750 to SAm, 13750 to NAm.

Strangely it shows English at 23-24 on 9550 is for Rio de Janeiro, while 9505
is for Caribbean. It still shows no English at 2030-2130 tho this continues to
be heard on 11760, 9505!

6000 is listed for Spanish at 00-05, PLUS English at 01-07. Make up your mind!

BTW, nothing here about testing on 60m which Arnie mentioned a few weeks ago,
to be on 5055 and another frequency below 5 MHz, nor have I seen any reports of
those being heard (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI, 9525, VG signal during scheduled Korean hour, Sunday Oct 14
around 1305 already playing music; what happened to the news? At 1350 recheck,
oh no, another screwed up station (like e.g. Taiwan) with no human paying
enough attention to do anything about it. Four syllables of music were stuck in
a loop, along with some piano notes, so smoothly repeating that it almost
seemed deliberate. Still the same at rechex 1356, past hourtop at 1401, and at
1405, when I tentatively transcribed the syllables as ``lu-vun-ha-ri`` --- does
that make any sense in Korean or Indonesian? Finally at 1412 rerecheck, this
had stopped, and open carrier with hum was running instead of scheduled
Indonesian language, and as usual during this hour, Russian from CRI audible
underneath.

One explanation for the four syllables could be: that was the last audio
received from a satellite feed which failed, and the satellite receiver is
programmed to keep repeating them until something else comes down; rather than
go to dead air, or switch to internal backup audio, or alternate program feed,
or courtesy apology (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** LAOS [non]. Hmong Lao Radio via WHRI 11785, Sunday Oct 14 at 1357 with a
pan-flute(?) or whistle melody which I suspect was mimicking actual
intelligence recognizable to one who understood this tonal language; right?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA. Sunday Oct 14 at 1324, did not hear any spurs in the 15.6 MHz area,
tho fundamental signals from Russia were much weaker than the day before, e.g.
15605. (However, 15550 was still acting up when Kai Ludwig checked earlier at
1200) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TAIWAN. 9280, Oct 14 at 1302 caught my ear as I tuned by, since the
modulation was cutting on and off quite regularly at the rate of four times per
second. Yet another case of no human oversight to a SW transmission, in this
case YFR relay with 100 kW going to waste.

Still the same when rechecked at 1331 during a hymn and at 1410 during talk.
Sked per NDXC/Aoki from 12017E 2343N for A07:
9280 FAMILY RADIO 1100-1600 1234567 Chinese 100 335 Yunlin TWN WYFR
9280 FAMILY RADIO 2100-2400 1234567 Chinese 100 335 Yunlin TWN WYFR
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [non]. CVC La Voz, Miami, via Chile 17680, Sunday Oct 14 at 1328 was
playing Waltz of the Flowers, quite an improvement from their usual drek, altho
anything less war-horse would be beyond them, but I knew it would not be
treated with any respect and continued to completion. Sure enough, cut off at
1328:30 for the over-produced echoey and non-classical closing of the weekly
token cultural show, El Mundo del Arte, and quickly back to gospel rock (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. See CUBA

http://farechase.yahoo.com/