Re: [HCDX] Laptops and noisy power supplies (SMPS) ..............

At 11:09 AM 3/17/2007, you wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I wonder how you managed to solve the known problem of laptop power supplies (SMPS)
>and their noise. At my old IBM laptop it was not so bad but at my new Fujitsu-Siemens
>laptop its switching power supply produces quite a strong noise on LW, MW (AM) and
>up.....
>
>Do you use special, non original power supplies? Can you recommend a solution or a
>source of relevant information?
>
>Many thanks to everybody of the DX community who is so kind to share his experience.
>I am quite sure that I am not the only one who faces this unpleasant problem,
>

>73   (7030)  de Karel Honzik, CZE

Karel, I know that John Bryant (who's presently in Easter Island) uses a 12v deep cycle in series with a 6 v motorcycle battery.  Seems to work just fine for him for remote DXing where there's no AC power........Walt

Checked by AVG Free Edition.