[HCDX] Latest Loggings

PIRATE (SOUTH AMERICA)  6307.56  R. Pirana Int., 0140-0408, Could hear mx
and tlk but just not quite good enough to copy.  Did recognize Jorges voice
though.  Peaked at 0155, 0340, and 0355.  Some SSB traffic QRM early and CW
QRM later.  (Valko 10 March)

INDONESIA  11784.87, V.O.I., 1954 pgm in lang to 2000, then AR-like instru.
mx for 2 min. and nice EG ID by W "This is the V.O. Indonesia in
Jakarta".  Fanfare and W opening anmnts.  Same W w/ID and into EG nx.  Not
very strong and QRM from 11780 and 11775.  No sign of 15150.  Thanks José
Miguel Romero logging.  (Valko 10 March)

IRAN  6255, V.O.I.R.I.  2013 in EG w/feature abt "The March of Victory" in
Iraq w/ment of the American occupiers and the martyrs.  2025 ID and sked by
W.  Good signal but lcl noise a problem.  Also hrd in SP via Lithuania on
6250 at 2133*.  (Valko 10 March)

AUSTRALIA  4910, VL8T,  2135-2140 ABC nx and sports by W, promo/ID at
2140.  Discussion pgm after.  Nice ID at 2200 by M.  Shocked to hear this
decent signal, //4835 VL8A both about equal strength.  4910 had some CODAR
QRM, and 4835 QRMed from Mali.  5025 blocked by Rebelde and Benin.  Of
course 4910 faded out and last hrd around 2250.  Looks like the path with
least amount of daylight would follow through the Indian Ocean, diagonally
across Africa, and across the Atlantic.  Although seemingly possible is a
north polar path closely following the terminator, it should be in too much
daylight.  At the start, Tennant Creek was 31 minutes past sunrise and it
was 1:41 before sunset here.  By fade-out, we were 26 minutes before sunset
but Tennant Creek was 1:46 after sunrise.  VL8T was already in and readable
when I tuned in, so I don't know when fade-in was.  Will have to keep
checking this.  (Valko 10 March)

COLOMBIA  6139.77, R. Lider, 0638 E-Z LA song sounding like a remake of
"Whiter Shade of Pale" but it wasn't.  0641 nice promo/ID by M, and back to
mx.  Very strong.  (Valko 11 March)

ALGERIA  6300, R. Nacional Saharaui, Noticed this has moved back here a few
days ago.  Big OC at 0700, and suddenly pgm on w/Koran at 0707.  Eats up a
good 12 khz (6 khz either side).  (Valko 11 March)

INDIA  5040, AIR Jeypore, 1228 end of mx, M anncr in lang, 1229 brief mx
bridge then different M anncr, time ticks, and EG nx starting w/ID "This is
All India R.  The news read by ??".  Not that bad in LSB to avoid
Myanmar.  (Valko 11 March)

73           Dave