[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 1-3

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. R. Solh, 15265, plays some great music which we often
listen to until 1500* But there is a lot of repetition; must have a limited
library. One song we hear over and over ran again March 1 until 1457 for about
5 minutes. It has a rapid and increasing beat, with clapping and shouting,
refrain played on an accordion-like instrument, the performers obviously having
a great time. Sure would like to get this off a webcast if there were any, but
I wonder if anyone knows more about it, or could even translate the lyrix, at
least give us an idea of what it`s about. It reminds us of an Irish reel (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** COSTA RICA. TIRWR, 5030, was distorted and splattering plus and minus 10
kHz, at 0739 March 1, bothering Rebelde on 5025, which normally has no problem
with it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ECUADOR. Cervantes, like Einstein, would turn over in his grave if he knew
that HCJB were quoting him every day to further its Protestant evangelical
mission, in connexion with totally erroneous frequency announcement in ``el
idioma de Cervantes``, as heard March 2 at 1429:30 on 11960 claiming to be on
11760 and 9745 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE. Feb 25 was a schedule change date for RFI, as originally published
with the B-06 schedules, back in DXLD 6-170, but has just passed by with little
notice. Here is that info now showing what are supposed to be the new
frequencies replacing the old ones for English broadcasts. Except for 1400,
these are all for four different sectors of Africa, not much point in trying to
keep them separate here. Any confirmations or contradixions are needed.

0400-0430 7315 9805
0500-0530 13680 ex-9805; 11995
0600-0630 9765 ex-7315; 9865; 15160 ex-11995; 13680
0700-0730 15605 ex-11725
1200-1230 15275 21620
1400-1500 5920 for Asia [but this was already replaced by WYFR; no fqs at all
now?]
1600-1700 9730; 15605 ex-11615; 15160
1700-1730 15605 ex-11615

This was extracted from the pdf schedules at
http://www.rfi.fr/radiofr/statiques/grille_programmes.asp
which I have not rechecked now --- DO NOT rely on the English schedule info on
RFI`s English service page, years out of date (Glenn Hauser, March 1, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. Hellenes Around the World, on VOG, Sat March 3 at 1407 was audible
poorly on Avlis 17525, so I checked // relay via SVO 15630. Barely audible
there so I switched on BFO to look for carrier dropoffs. Yes, one happened in a
few seconds. Audio on the two was unsynchronized, an echo apart due to the
different transmitter sites and/or feed routes (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** GUINEA. While on Feb 26 around 0730 I was hearing R. Nederland in Dutch on
7125, on March 1 at 0732 it was hilife music, going on for at least 10 minutes,
surely RTG; maybe RN was somewhere underneath it. Nominal sign-on for Guinea is
0600 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MICRONESIA. Pacific Missionary Aviation is testing its new SW transmitter on
4755.16 to 4755.17, as discovered in Japan by H. Yokoi and S. Hasegawa, first
as an unID, heard there as early as 0830 and as late as 1300; only 500 watts.
It`s in the UT +11 timezone, so darkness hours are approximately 07-19 UT.
Frequency seems to be clear so should make it beyond Pacific Rim; too high
noise level here so far. This is a new SWBC radio country! (Glenn Hauser, OK,
March 3, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Pirate in OKC on 107.1 was reportedly busted, so March 2 around
1830 UT I drove up to the address reported on okctalk.com  Indeed there was a
pole behind the house maybe 10 meters high, with no elements on it, and no
signal on 107.1. House has US flags prominently and permanently displayed.
However, later that day when I was driving on I-44 some miles west in its
fringe area, 107.1 was back on the air with GCN, Genesis Communications
Network, paranoid adstring at 0225 UT March 3 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. R. Martí, 15330, March 3 at 1400 just after opening this frequency
plugged TV Martí which they said could now be seen on channel 20 with ``La
Semana`` week in review about Cuba and the world. Yeah, sure, except in Cuba
and anywhere else. Has anyone in the USA been able to TVDX TV Martí on channel
20 or any other UHF channel it may have used or may be using? Gulf tropo, and
the spring season is almost upon us, propagates other Florida signals all the
way to Texas, but I don`t recall ever seeing a report of TV Martí. Would those
who have seen it beyond the Keys, please say so with details? (Glenn Hauser, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Totally different propagation conditions from one night to the next
for the 7455 collision. Feb 28 it was WEWN on top, but March 1 at 0730 check it
was WYFR on top with WEWN barely detectable under it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 6095, big open carrier at 0734 March 1, aside DGS Anguilla 6090.
Possibly WHRI which has used this before as WSHB, and now in use at 11-12 for
BBC Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Finding fabulous fares is fun.